+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Female Hotel Rooms

lol...well make sure they time their fling to right around the trip so that there's no time for something to go wrong before...and if it does afterward, atleast you didn't have to worry about room arrangements. haha

-Nika

nah, if something goes wrong, you just gotta find another team member to hook up with her. it'll be kinda like high school or something...
    Jeff Cortes

Gotta side with the Uni's on this one. 2 reasons:

1. Liability; anything goes wrong due to room sharing, they're liable.

2. If the girl does feel uncomfortable with sharing a room with guys, she may not voice her opinion because (depending on how the team pays for rooms):

A) She'd have to pay for her own room
    B) She wouldn't feel comfortable increasing everyone elses rates

We're in a heavily male dominated field, and the room sharing issue is one things women have to deal with that men don't. It's the responsibility of the Uni (and us, actually) to try and keep the playing field even.
    -Mike Waggoner

The older I get, the faster/harder working I was...

I dunno. She's made it to University, is probably living on her own, doing well in a male dominated feild... she can probably take care of herself. Besides, it's not like people stick to a proper schedual for sleeping anyway. With us it is always go till you pass out, and try to pass out somewhere comfortable.

I highly doubt that if 6 guys where crammed in one room and a single girl in the other that the room would not end up being shared... Just based on experience
    - Patrick Crane
    Suspension/Testing
    Universtiy of Victoria

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeWaggoner at UW:
    Gotta side with the Uni's on this one. 2 reasons:

1. Liability; anything goes wrong due to room sharing, they're liable.

2. If the girl does feel uncomfortable with sharing a room with guys, she may not voice her opinion because (depending on how the team pays for rooms):

A) She'd have to pay for her own room
    B) She wouldn't feel comfortable increasing everyone elses rates

We're in a heavily male dominated field, and the room sharing issue is one things women have to deal with that men don't. It's the responsibility of the Uni (and us, actually) to try and keep the playing field even. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two words: Adults!
    Carleton FSAE Alumni
    Petty Enterprises Race Engineer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeWaggoner at UW:

If the girl does feel uncomfortable with sharing a room with guys </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would feel damn uncomfortable sharing a room with most of the guys from my team. they fart, snore and look damn ugly in just boxer shorts. of course, i do to, but my girlfriend seems to be immune to that...

sorry to make fun of your post Mike.
    - ARC '04 member (now retired ) - Bling Bling Competition winners FSAE-A '04 (and design winners)

im surprised Rob Woods hasnt chimed in on this one yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> posted by Rob Woods (who is played by gug):

K.I.S.S.

hotel rooms are masturbation. i feel sick when i look at people sleeping in real beds, it just not necessary.

go down to your local junkyard, pick up an old campervan without an engine and tow it to the silverdome. you can pull all the spiders out of it and eat them for tea. i hate all these people eating real meals, its just too complicated and un-necessary.

ha, you see, you think you formula guys know all the secrets, but i know how to live it up as well.

now to all you wimpy, dorky, pantie wearing engineers that everyone laughs at(direct quote), go sleep with the guys in their spider infested campervans and learn to do burnouts.

-The more engineering classes I take, the more of my heart for engineering I lose. I just wanna f*** stuff.
    -I might be stupid...
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry Rob, but i do enjoy laughing at some of your posts...
    - ARC '04 member (now retired ) - Bling Bling Competition winners FSAE-A '04 (and design winners)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If the girl does feel uncomfortable with sharing a room with guys, she may not voice her opinion because (depending on how the team pays for rooms):
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After spending hours, weeks, all-nighters... with the guys in my shop, there's no way I'd be uncomfortable sharing a room with them because I'm with them so damn often. They grow on you...like fungus. lol j/k I not only work with them, they're my best friends.
    We're in a male dominated field, but I knew that from the beginning and I assume all the smart ladies in FSAE knew this too.

-Nika

I agree with most of you. I think if the girl wouldn't mind, she should be allowed in teh same hotel room, but none the less, the university says we have to reserve her her own room. Just another waste of money.....

Easy solution.

Find a religious sect that will marry the whole team up into one big, happy, polygamous family so that you can all sleep in the same bed.

Then down to Vegas (?) for the divorce (good practice for later)...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast