+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Female Hotel Rooms

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agent4573:
    If we want to be a school club we have to follow school rules. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... and all hold hands when crossing the road.

you should tell them its offensive to be treated like juveniles.
    - ARC '04 member (now retired ) - Bling Bling Competition winners FSAE-A '04 (and design winners)

I agree.... I really hate paternal university policies. Really they are nothing short of control tactics to help them uphold their image, good or bad.
    Cheers

-Some people need to get an ice-cream sandwich,
    -Cement Legs needs to get an ice-cream sandwich

We have no rules like that... Last year we had 2 girls in 2 different rooms...

This year it looks like it will be 2 girls again...
    04 - Engine Team
    05 - Team Captain
    Old Dominion University - Norfolk, VA

Hey guys. For the past two years I've been the only girl from UT Austin to go to competion, and both times I just shared a room with three or four of the guys. Not a big deal, but it'd still be fun to have stay in an all-girl room. We'll be staying at the Wingate if any other chicks out there are interested. Let me know.

-penelope
    -penelope campbell
    UT FSAE co-captain

I could understand if this were a highschool trip and it was an official school event, but its neither of those things. I'm surprised the school even gives a damn. Besides that the female population in FSAE ain't that big and so its just a waste of money...
    then again, my team is probably gonna sleep in our trailer...because we have no money. hehe

-Nika

sleeping in the trailer isnt that bad, You get to hear ppl revving there engines all night long and if you stay in the trailer too long you walk out for the first time and have no clue what direction anything is. I spend one nite/day in the hotel in at the 04 comp, I slept forever!
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

lol...
    well there is always the alternative...get one room and we'll all stay in that one room.
    Atleast that's an option for us because we don't have that rule about the girls (well in my team's case, me) being in a separate room. Saves money.

I don't get it.. do you have a faculty member holding your hands the entire comp? just tell them you are staying in a room by yourself then don't... if we did what our school told us to do we would never even be able to build a car...
    - Patrick Crane
    Suspension/Testing
    Universtiy of Victoria

from Patrick Crane:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if we did what our school told us to do we would never even be able to build a car...
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah no shit... is it just me or do universities in general HATE fSAE?

we dont even have a faculty advisor. we get a random professor to sign off on it under the condition that he/she has NO obligation to actually do anything other than to sign the paper...

i kinda feel the same way... we're all adults, what grounds does the university have to try be our parents? I guess if the female member really has a problem with it thats one thing, but it really shouldnt be such a big deal.

at any rate, wherever this all girls room is... drop me a line if you want some company
    Jeff Cortes

Crap we have our first female team member and I forgot all about rooms. Guess we can hope she hooks up with one of the guys in our team so they can share a bed, then we can take more people.
    Brent

3rd world solutions for real world problems.

UoA FSAE 2004-2008

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast