+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Female Hotel Rooms

Hybrid View

Hey guys, Rutgers has one girl going to competition this year, but under Rutgers rules she has to be in a room with only females, aka, her own room. We were wondering if any other teams had females going to competition that possibly had an opening in thier room? We'll glady send the money for her portion of the hotel room for the week, but we're really trying to avoid having to get her a completely seperate room. Thanks.

I agree.... I really hate paternal university policies. Really they are nothing short of control tactics to help them uphold their image, good or bad.
    Cheers

-Some people need to get an ice-cream sandwich,
    -Cement Legs needs to get an ice-cream sandwich

I don't get it.. do you have a faculty member holding your hands the entire comp? just tell them you are staying in a room by yourself then don't... if we did what our school told us to do we would never even be able to build a car...
    - Patrick Crane
    Suspension/Testing
    Universtiy of Victoria

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are these girls minors or adults? Frankly I don't believe the school has any business enforcing rules like that. It should be up to the women themselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think they can really enforce something like that.
    Devin Weston
    Oregon State FSAE
    Engine Team '04-'06

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Then down to Vegas (?) for the divorce (good practice for later)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHAHA....practice for later...I love it!

-Nika

im surprised Rob Woods hasnt chimed in on this one yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> posted by Rob Woods (who is played by gug):

K.I.S.S.

hotel rooms are masturbation. i feel sick when i look at people sleeping in real beds, it just not necessary.

go down to your local junkyard, pick up an old campervan without an engine and tow it to the silverdome. you can pull all the spiders out of it and eat them for tea. i hate all these people eating real meals, its just too complicated and un-necessary.

ha, you see, you think you formula guys know all the secrets, but i know how to live it up as well.

now to all you wimpy, dorky, pantie wearing engineers that everyone laughs at(direct quote), go sleep with the guys in their spider infested campervans and learn to do burnouts.

-The more engineering classes I take, the more of my heart for engineering I lose. I just wanna f*** stuff.
    -I might be stupid...
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry Rob, but i do enjoy laughing at some of your posts...
    - ARC '04 member (now retired ) - Bling Bling Competition winners FSAE-A '04 (and design winners)

I dunno. She's made it to University, is probably living on her own, doing well in a male dominated feild... she can probably take care of herself. Besides, it's not like people stick to a proper schedual for sleeping anyway. With us it is always go till you pass out, and try to pass out somewhere comfortable.

I highly doubt that if 6 guys where crammed in one room and a single girl in the other that the room would not end up being shared... Just based on experience
    - Patrick Crane
    Suspension/Testing
    Universtiy of Victoria

I could understand if this were a highschool trip and it was an official school event, but its neither of those things. I'm surprised the school even gives a damn. Besides that the female population in FSAE ain't that big and so its just a waste of money...
    then again, my team is probably gonna sleep in our trailer...because we have no money. hehe

-Nika

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Love,

Rob
    University of Yellowknife
    B.Sc. Women's Studies </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!
    Carleton FSAE Alumni
    Petty Enterprises Race Engineer

Oops, checked dictionary, that should be "polyandrous family".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast