+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Needed: Yamaha YZ450F '08 engine CAD model

Hey guys. I'm from the Universidad Central de Venezuela. We are looking for a Yamaha YZ450F '08 engine CAD model, or an WR450F '08... We had serious problems with some measures in our car, so we really need one of these models to improve our designs for this year... Does anyone can help me with this? Thank you very much.

Our team has also been looking for one of these with no luck. Your best bet is to take very careful measurements of the points that are important for you (for us it was motor mounts, intake port, and exhaust port) and then rough in the rest. You could also try contacting a company that does 3D scanning.
    Macke

Probably preferable to 3D scanning is getting someone to measure the points of importance on a CMM. Our laser scan of the CBR600RR is really unusable.
    University of Waterloo Formula Motorsports Alumni
    http://www.uwfsae.ca/

Thanks for the advise about the 3D scanning. We will consider the CMM option, it seems a good way, so we will look for some place where we could do this in our country. It's very difficult to find these cad models, but I'll keep searching anyway. I tell you if I find something worth.

+ Reply to Thread