+ Reply to Thread

Thread: impact attenuator report

does any one have an idea that the energy-displacement graph which is expected in the report is that of the falling body (300 kg mass) or of that of the energy absorbed by the attenuator?

does any one have an idea that the energy-displacement graph which is expected in the report is that of the falling body (300 kg mass) or of that of the energy absorbed by the attenuator?

Twelve.. definitely twelve.
    -----------------------------------
    Drivetrain Leader 07-08
    Technical Director 08-09
    Team FSAE USB - Caracas - Venezuela.

I assume you're asking because you have realized that they are equivalent. Personally I put in the energy absorbed and a line at 7.35kJ to signify the pass point.

Generally I wouldn't stress too much over the report, as long as it is clear that you pass the requirements and have done the required testing the judges will most likely understand what you have said, and if they believe that there is an issue with what you have done they will ask. Also I'm pretty sure that there aren't any points awarded to the report so there isn't really any point in spending more time than necessary on it. The judge that has to read a huge stack of reports probably won't thank you for writing more than is necessary either.
    UNSW 2006-10

would anyone like to share the calculation, they are putting into the report?

Open any high school physics book and you'll find the calculation. It's not hard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by russel:
    would anyone like to share the calculation, they are putting into the report? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on!, do you want me to send all my Solidworks, Matlab, Labview and engine mapping stuff in a nice .zip package?, donīt you?. Go ahead, read, think and figure it all by yourself.

Seriously, something has to be done with these blatant handout request posts. Theyīre insulting.

PS: Would you like a dropbox account instead of a .zip?, thatīs quite a lot of data. :/
    -----------------------------------
    Drivetrain Leader 07-08
    Technical Director 08-09
    Team FSAE USB - Caracas - Venezuela.

+ Reply to Thread