+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2007 F1 Driver's Championship ... your thoughts?

I was rooting for Alonso but kinda unfortunate that he didnt get to win. But at the same time im kinda glad that Kimi wins it instead of Lewis. I think Kimi deserves it.

I personally dont think Lewis deserves to win becoz i think there are other great drivers out there that are as good as Lewis if not better ... had they been given a great car. Some names that comes to mind are Jenson and Nico.

I might be bias ... but i think if Alex Yoong had been given this year's Mclaren ... it wouldve been a 4 way fight
    RiNaZ

I was rooting for Alonso but kinda unfortunate that he didnt get to win. But at the same time im kinda glad that Kimi wins it instead of Lewis. I think Kimi deserves it.

I personally dont think Lewis deserves to win becoz i think there are other great drivers out there that are as good as Lewis if not better ... had they been given a great car. Some names that comes to mind are Jenson and Nico.

I might be bias ... but i think if Alex Yoong had been given this year's Mclaren ... it wouldve been a 4 way fight
    RiNaZ

I'm also glad Kimi won, but I totally disagree as far as Hamilton is concerned. Yeah obviously he has the fastest car in the world, but Alonso had the same car and he wasn't up to the task of beating Lewis. Granted the points difference is small, but the young'un upstaged the double world champ...

rinaz, jenson who? If you mean button, then you need to watch a race. He never goes anywhere but backwards.

And Alonso was clearly outclassed by Hamilton, I don't understand how anyone could say otherwise. That he whined about it constantly only worsened the situation.
    "Gute Fahrer haben die Fliegenreste auf den Seitenscheiben."
    --Walter Röhrl

I was impressed with Kimi winning the championship. It was definitely long overdue! It kinda sucked Hamilton didn't win, he also had a very impressive run this year, especially for being a rookie. But hey, maybe next year.

I wished R Schumacher would get things figured out...I know he could do a lot better than getting 12ths and stuff at many of the races.

Kimi deserves it no matter what. This just shows Ferrari's devotion and McLaren's lack of it. This is just the reason why Kimi moved to the Italians. I think he is the only one that deserved it in the end. Alonso and Hamilton just never played the team game. Just like at FSAE: if the driver thinks he has something to say: Close his helmet ;-)

But overall great F1 season, I must say I did not miss Schumi for one race. Second that, I do not think Kimi only got it because Schumi was not there, he deserved it because he is a great driver and he did not make any major mistakes. He even claimed the world title despite having the largest series of bad luck. Beat that, Ron Dennis!

Just my 0.02 $

Greetz!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flavorPacket:
    rinaz, jenson who? If you mean button, then you need to watch a race. He never goes anywhere but backwards.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like to think it's the other way around. I think the teams he's been with are the ones that have gone backwards. He has always been faster than his teammates especially in the wet.

Lewis is a great driver but i still think jenson or nico are just as good as he is.
    RiNaZ

Barichello was a regular race winner at Ferrari and he hasn't scored a point this season. Jenson's scored points and been consistently faster for the majority of the season. He could do well given a strong car.

I was initially disappointed that Hamilton didn't win the title, but was in the end more pleased that he stayed ahead of Alonso. Kimi has been fast for the past few seasons and has had some bad luck. He won the most races and is therefore a worthy winner.

Prior to this season I was an Alonso fan, but his behaviour has been disgraceful. Much like Valentino Rossi in MotoGP, a bad workman shouldn't blame his tools when he's clearly been beaten by a better man.

Ben
    -

So who do you think will be at McLaren next year if Alonso leaves?

I like the Nico Rosberg or the Bruno Senna rumours, but Vettel there would also make things interesting.

What about pedro de la rosa now that the prodrive deal has fallen over. he has f1 experience, has been signed for 2 years, knows the car inside out and showed good race pace in a race he filled in for last year.

as for button he is the most overhyped driver in f1. He has not shown anything but a win in the wet when strategy fell his way.
    Deakin Race Technologies 2007 Floor Sweeper
    2008 Team Manager
    2010 Team Leader

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast