+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE Australasia 2007 Competition: - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More.

Put the VB down long enough to post some pictures...

geoff, the age 'barb' was to you.

the reference to photography was a suggestion that comments about field quality are poorly focussed and not in line with the reason the competition exists, ie mechanical engineering and learning.

To flavourpacket - get a name - and i dont care what WA call their suspension.

Pat Clarke said "Swinburne, some deserved penalties in Design..." -- thats an opinion.

ALSO I am in NO WAY affiliated with Swinburne, and these opinions are my own.

muffed out,

Just received a text saying RMIT with most points in Enduro/Fuel and UWA ahead in points overall... this is unofficial 2nd hand information though!

Wow, close comp. I couldn't hang around this arvo - keep us posted Mike (anyone?), and good luck to all.

And geez you are an angry man Tim! Wow, everyone cops a barb. I've no problem if you want to insult me, (apparently now my birth date is some kind of crime - my parents are going to be pretty upset about that). But at least have the decency to make it clear who you are insulting. All this crypticism, I can't cope with it all at this advanced age.

In your own words man, peace out

Cheers all,
    Geoff Pearson

RMIT FSAE 02-04
    Monash FSAE 05
    RMIT FSAE 06-07

Design it. Build it. Break it.

Edith Cowan Racing, Joondalup, Western Australia
    Wow, what a flame-fest!

UWA's Kinetic system was originally designed for 4wd-ing applications, but was applied to the SAE car by UWA. Making this system work to such an effective degree is a credit to the team. Unless your team can build a faster car than UWA's, you have no grounds to discredit it.

I am really looking forward to next year! It's a shame I couldn't be there. Hope some of you got to meet Edward and Pete from our team at some stage throughout the weekend.
    Kind Regards,

Chris Lane
    Design Team Leader - ECR 2008
    http://engineering.ecu.edu.au/ecr
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Race Tape is like 'The Force'. It has a dark side, a light side, and it holds the Unive

geoff, you are a gentleman and a scholar
    "Gute Fahrer haben die Fliegenreste auf den Seitenscheiben."
    --Walter Röhrl

Edith Cowan Racing, Joondalup, Western Australia
    So who won? I am anxious to find out...
    Kind Regards,

Chris Lane
    Design Team Leader - ECR 2008
    http://engineering.ecu.edu.au/ecr
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Race Tape is like 'The Force'. It has a dark side, a light side, and it holds the Unive

Tim, wake up and spit out the sour grapes! Geoff, Thanks for the support.

Let me justify my Swinburne comments....
    Quote Pat 1..."Swinburne, some deserved penalties in Design, won Presentation".

Okay, after 3 years of telling you, you still couldn't accept Percy...So, 10 points penalty...DESERVED! You did win Presentation didn't you???? In which case, DESERVED.

Let me assure you that the 10 points along with some other stuff you didn't learn from last year kept you out of Design Finals, along with about 4 other teams.

Quote Pat 2......"On the track, having the current Australian Formula Ford Champion in the driver lineup is helping them".
    DOH! Is that a criticism??? Surely selection of good drivers is part of good team management. I watched the drivers, he was markedly faster than your other drivers. That was neither a criticism nor sour grapes, just a simple statement of fact.

Quote Tim 1......PC complains about quality of the field, yet goes on to suggest Swinny's car is a re-hash of last year.

When and where did I make that statement? Perhaps you are reading a different forum to me?

Tonight at the presentation, I offered to come to your university and help you with planning and technical advice for next year. Consider that offer comprehensively withdrawn! Just rehash again next time.

Quote Tim 2.....And Pat if you think that having a good driver is why Swinny is doing ok I suggest you really consider taking photos for the rest of the w/e as some might even turn out focussed and worthy of this forum.

Tim, that I did, about 700 of them. Perhaps 20 or so were of Swinburn, but I can't be sure as I just consigned the lot to the trash.

Quote Tim 3......Pat Clarke said "Swinburne, some deserved penalties in Design..." -- thats an opinion.
    Pat Clarke was a senior design judge. That was a statement!

Pat

Edit. Tim I thought you were part of the Swinburn team. Your post certainly reads that way!
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

A reliable source at the closing party tells me that UWA got over the line by 10 points over RMIT for the overall win.

RMIT won both design and Endurance.

All unofficial ofcourse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast