+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE West 2008 Competition: - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More.

2 more days to go!!! good luck to everybody!!!
    RiNaZ

Our car left this morning. I wish we had more tuning time, but it was running pretty well on the dyno last night at midnight. I'm just glad we have a dyno shop willing to let us stick around until midnight on a Sunday to get it dialed in. It's not making as much power with the turbo as I had hoped, but I'm pretty sure if we had more time we could make quite a bit more. But we have a really broad flat torque curve just like I was hoping for.

Anyway if you're in the northwest and need a little dyno time go to this place:
    www.horsepowerconnection.com

He's sure helped us out quite a bit over the last couple years.

And as an added bonus the body's painted. I wish I had more time to work on it, but it turned out alright. It's definitely a 20 footer, but it's not that bad. I don't have any pics of it on the car though, so you'll just have to wait until someone posts pics of comp to see it.

Terps Racing made the cross country trip. Left Saturday AM and got here around 3pm on Monday. Glad we're all still alive and no one was arrested.

I'm glad to be back in the CA sun, now i just gotta work on getting rid of my farmers tan...
    Terps Racing

Chalmers have made the trip all the way from Sunny Sweden for 2008. Thanks to Cal Poly Pomona for putting us up for the day to let us do a bit of work on the presentations. Rest of the team arrived yesterday and today and we will be breaking open to crate tomorrow to see whether or not we have a car here

The lads have worked hard to improve cooling issues (and there is a heatwave at the moment, so hopefully it will hold up) and also to reduce weight! Looking forward to a good competition!
    Everthing you want is just outside your comfort zone!

James Waltman and I just rolled into town, we'll be doing tech inspection again. Also, we will be walking around quite a bit talking to teams, taking pics, etc.
    --------------------------
    Matt Giaraffa
    Missouri S&T (UMR) FSAE 2001 - 2005

Originally posted by jonnierice:
    Chalmers have made the trip all the way from Sunny Sweden for 2008. Thanks to Cal Poly Pomona for putting us up for the day to let us do a bit of work on the presentations. Rest of the team arrived yesterday and today and we will be breaking open to crate tomorrow to see whether or not we have a car here

The lads have worked hard to improve cooling issues (and there is a heatwave at the moment, so hopefully it will hold up) and also to reduce weight! Looking forward to a good competition!
    its beeen o not so warm and sunny recently though =p

Enjoy yer ihop
    Chalmers CFS08

Best of luck to all the teams, especially Dartmouth and Chalmers!
    KTH Racing '03-'08
    Dartmouth Formula Racing '07

Weather for Fontana the next 3 days: 87, 90, 94. 0% chance of precip. Welcome to the desert!

Shoot... and I forgot to order my rain tires for West.

Hey Danny Boy, what are you doing at West this year? Lots of Honeywell people coming out this year?

Here are my pictures from Day 1 of the competition. All of the cars look great, and it seems as though everybody has been busy working! Anyway, here's a gallery of 220 pictures of the day.

http://www.mkosonen.com/fsaeday1

So far so good, the last time I checked, the tech number had reached 19. Good luck to everybody in tech inspections, and presentations!

Cheers,

Matt Kosonen
    WSU FSAE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast