+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE West 2008 Competition: - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More.

Originally posted by RiNaZ:
    http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...mg_0643-vi.jpg

what's goin on here? are they doing some teleconferencing with royce?

*picture taken from http://public.fotki.com/makofoto/200...a/img0665.html
    That's the Safety Video you must watch before you can get a Media Pass.

Originally posted by Makofoto:
    Some shots of that fire incident here:
    http://public.fotki.com/makofoto/200...-ca/page7.html
    Word is, the fire was very small but the extinguisher would not shut off until the whole thing was empty.

Congratulations to my boys at WWU:

Who else has a picture of this:

I can see that at least two people on the left side of my frame may have caught it. The girl with the 1d should have nailed it.
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

Interesting choice of roll centers.

I keep seeing all these action shots but none with Cal Poly SLO in them. Did they make it to dynamic events?

We found a leak in our fuel tank after our dyno session on Saturday morning and elected to not attempt a field fix for safety reasons.

Thats a shame. I was hoping to see another solid axle car finish this year. What did your weight come in at? How effective was your aero in testing? Very interested in your car. Do tell. By the way it looked real sick this year.

Brian Seater
    Washington State University FSAE 2005-2009
    http://sae.wsu.edu

Originally posted by MH:
    Also have to say that there were quite a few cars lifting wheels. Seems to me the setup of the car is not what it should be. Also saw a couple of guys driving with their visors open!!!
    We had an issue with our rear port wheel. It lifted very far off the ground when our front shock blew out. Needless to say the situation was identified and fixed very quickly with extremely stiff springs being placed in front to compensate for the blown out shocks. Turned out the car absolutely loved the new setup; however, it caused the car to behave a little differently than normal in endurance and it cost us a spinout in endurance before loosing our muffler. That muffler still makes me angry... what a stupid reason to DNF from endurance especially after we finally got our car running when we fixed our broken map sensor. We were hoping to do so uncharacteristically well based on the rest of the week that they would re-tech our car after endurance.

Oh well, always next year. I am still happy for our team making it out there for the first time in 4 years and making it to every event.

As far as the comments with how stuff was run, I agree that the tech inspection number thing was great, but they should have had tech open longer on the first day. Do to fixing some things that got broken in shipping when someone fell through our crate (there were footprints leading up to a hole in the back of our crate) we didn't pull a number until later in the first day. Consequently we waited in line for our FIRST tech until almost 3pm on the second day. Thank
    God we only had minor issues that could be fixed quickly as this was a major set back already. Due to this delay we had to do tilt,brake,sound (109.6 with a straight through muffler),accel,skidpad between 8am-11am Friday. Don't ask me how but we passed everything and got to both events just in time.

Steve

U of Hartford

Here's a few pics I took. Lot's of closeups of suspension systems. Guess what I'm in charge of on my team?

Joey's Pics pt1
    Formula SAE: When you just can't get rid of a girlfriend.

Originally posted by Steve O:
    That muffler still makes me angry... what a stupid reason to DNF from endurance especially after we finally got our car running when we fixed our broken map sensor.
    U of Hartford
    I don't remember who it was, but at least you didn't fail endurance due to your brake over travel switch triggering on your first lap.
    '01-'06 Cal Poly Pomona

For those of you who wondered about the strange sound of our Aprilia during endurance, we found out after the race that we had accidentaly hit the fuel starting compensation during the race and the mixture was therefore 50% too rich.

As a result, we used 0,021 gallons too much, and got the fuel penalty. We would have finished 8th in endurance and 10th overall otherwise.

Murphy doesn't want to give us a break.

ps: isn't there some sort of tolerance on fuel used during the endurance economy event?
    Didier Beaudoin
    École Polytechnique de Montréal 2005-2008
    École nationale d'aérotechnique 2004

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast