+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: FSAE Michigan 2013

Alright guys, we're less than a week out.

Who's done building? Who's still scrambling? And who's already left for comp?

Our body panels came back from paint yesterday morning and the car and crew hit the road mid afternoon to start the 2300 mile trek to MIS. #westcoastproblems
    San Jose State University

FSAE Chassis and Ergonomics Lead '12-'13
    FSAE Chief Engineer '11-'12
    FSAE Chassis Technical Lead '10-'11
    Formula Hybrid Chassis Grunt '09-'10

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing le

Been running for a couple weeks but still having problems with one of the parts we bought from a company. Just got bodywork done... testing monday then we'll see how it goes!

We've been running on the engine dyno for a few weeks. Yesterday we did our annual chassis dyno tuning. Suspension stuff took a while to come together due to some unfortunate manufacturing problems with our hub/spindle assembly.

First drive today with hopefully some more testing before most of the team leaves with the car Monday night.

We're definitely a bit too close for comfort in regards to final assembly timing. We pretty much redid most of our major systems so there are still a lot of unknowns.

Have a safe trip everyone! See you in Brooklyn.
    Jim
    "Old guy #1" at UCONN Racing

Close to the wire but measure 5 times do once. Side note who is staying at the super8 in jackson?
    My views, thoughts and wording do not reflect those of Carleton University in any way, shape or form.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

CU FS Ravens Racing - Powertrain Dev. 2014
    CU FS Ravens Racing - Team Lead/Tooling 2013/2014
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead/Structures/Manufacturing 2012/2013
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead 2011/2012

Is Michigan going to be streamed?
    I am sure everyone around the world will be interested in how the new cars from the US will go...

Cheers,
    Ryan
    Monash Motorsport

Leaving tomorrow, have a few things left to finish before the end of the night.

RStory
    Aside from a few of us that are flying, most of our team left around 10pm last night. Looking forward to seeing all of the cars in person after spending months checking them out on facebook!

Originally posted by ausracing:
    Is Michigan going to be streamed?
    I am sure everyone around the world will be interested in how the new cars from the US will go...

Cheers,
    Ryan
    Monash Motorsport
    I'd also love to know whether it'll be streamed or not as this will be the first time since 2008 that I won't be attending competition.

Also, has somebody out there compiled a master list of social media accounts of the known teams currently competing? As my way of coping with not going, I'll be compiling a competition wide running score sheet, updated as the scores for each event come in (and sortable by state, country, individual event, and more). I'd like to know which accounts to follow to get the most up to date info without having to rely on my team to send it to me. And of course I'll be sharing the spreadsheet publicly so I'll try to post a link to it on here later tonight once it's cleaned up a bit.

Here's the public link to the scoring spreadsheet I'll be updating throughout the competition. I'd love to get some feedback and/or suggestions if you'd like something changed or added.

https://skydrive.live.com/redi...key=!AAKY9Xt0TuRmapw

Note: This is my first attempt at sharing files through SkyDrive so let me know if there are issues with the link and I'll try to fix them.

Originally posted by RobbyObby:
    Here's the public link to the scoring spreadsheet I'll be updating throughout the competition. I'd love to get some feedback and/or suggestions if you'd like something changed or added.
    Nice. I was thinking about doing something similar with google docs, but it looks like your sheet on skydrive is good to go! How about adding a column for weights?
    Chris Patton
    Vehicle Dynamics
    Global Formula Racing '10-'12
    OSU Beaver Racing '05-'09

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast