+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: FSAE Michigan 2013

Originally posted by Crispy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RobbyObby:
    Here's the public link to the scoring spreadsheet I'll be updating throughout the competition. I'd love to get some feedback and/or suggestions if you'd like something changed or added.
    Nice. I was thinking about doing something similar with google docs, but it looks like your sheet on skydrive is good to go! How about adding a column for weights? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not a bad idea. Problem there is with getting the info. Will they make the values available for the teams or is there gonna be a few dedicated team members sitting by the scales documenting the values and posting them as has happened before?
    San Jose State University

FSAE Chassis and Ergonomics Lead '12-'13
    FSAE Chief Engineer '11-'12
    FSAE Chassis Technical Lead '10-'11
    Formula Hybrid Chassis Grunt '09-'10

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing le

The weights are listed on each car after tech in. It might be some legwork to ask each team what their weight was, make a trip through the pits, or otherwise. It would be very helpful for all teams that are sharing this file to list their own weights to spread the load.
    Kettering University Vehicle Dynamics
    Formula SAE 2010 - 2015
    Clean Snowmobile Powertrain 2012 - 2015

Boogityland 2015 - Present

I actually thought about allowing editing of the sheet so that others could input any values or scores that aren't currently input, but I'm afraid the formatting would get screwed up.

Well, day one is over! Of the very limited sample size I've seen, UW-Madison looks to be the lightest so far at 344 lbs. Can anyone beat that? As more teams finish through tech tomorrow, I hope more numbers get posted 'cause until scores start to get posted, we don't have much to compare. I've always been interested in comparing things like lightest 4-cyl, lightest space-frame, lightest full aero, etc. Those are always intriguing to me. If more weights start to come in maybe I'll throw those comparos in the spreadsheet.

And again, as stated in the first post, I'd still like to find some Twitter lists, or people to follow that will be updating at MIS.

GFR was 158.6 kG which is a fraction under 350 lbs.

ETS weighed in at 327 via their Twitter. That's impressive. I'm still impressed with GFR and Wisconsin though, with full Aero and still under 350 lbs.

We got through tech today so were happy. 456lbs with all fluids and our undertray (spaceframe 4cyl car).

Now to prepare for design...

Congrats. It seems to me like a lot of teams wer able to make it through tech today. Anyone hear how many actually did make it through? We were able to get through today too. First time in a while that we got through scrutineering on the first day.

Also weighed in at 424, with an undertray for the first time ever.

San Jose State University | Spartan Racing
    2008-2009 SAE Student Chapter President | FSAE Team Captain | FSAE West Rookies of the Year
    2009-2010 SAE Student Chapter President | Powertrain Team

Thank you for the pictures! Keep em coming.

I have some more other updates
    Akron 350, single cyl, steel frame, full aero (impressive, this team has been climbing up consistently for the last 5 years and maybe even more).

Jayhawks beautiful (as usual) full aero car
    Stuttgart seems not to be on the aero package?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast