+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: FSAE Michigan 2013

Originally posted by GarrettMST:
    Any body know when or where design finals get posted?
    in the handbook it says:
    ~9:00 p.m.
    Design Finalist announced online www.sae.org and www.fsae.com

about to break my f5 key
    --
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    http://illinimotorsports.net

Originally posted by tromoly:
    Our car weighs 482 pounds, much better than 520+ the last few years. We're in Paddock 65 between UW-Madison and Manitoba, and two stalls down from GFR.

Bunch of different combinations looking really good. Colorado State has full ground effect sidepods, Missouri S&T with their linear actuator DRS, Kansas has a huge one-piece rear wing and undertray, Mizzou has servos embedded in wing elements for DRS, and someone said Akron has around 300 pounds of downforce with their undertray and wings. Lots of single cylinder engines, probably half a dozen running Aprilia 2-cylinders, and the usual assortment of 4-cylinders. Jayhawks are running a stressed member CBR600RR with really nice rear suspension packaging and aero.

Good times talking with different teams, should be a good rest of the week.
    Kansas State has the Rear Wing and Diffuser Assembly. Oh and Merica!

https://www.facebook.com/photo...23322&type=1&theater
    Eric Cunningham
    Powercat Motorsports
    President
    You can't make a racehorse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig.

Originally posted by Sormaz:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GarrettMST:
    Any body know when or where design finals get posted?
    in the handbook it says:
    ~9:00 p.m.
    Design Finalist announced online www.sae.org and www.fsae.com

about to break my f5 key </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know the feeling. I'm on fsae.org checking under competition results and Formula SAE Michigan as well as here and google. I'll post if I see it!
    Thomas Barfield
    VT Motorsports
    http://www.vtmotorsports.com/

Originally posted by EC:
    Kansas State has the Rear Wing and Diffuser Assembly. Oh and Merica!

https://www.facebook.com/photo...23322&type=1&theater
    I keep referring to them and the Jayhawks as Kansas, completely my fault for getting them mixed up. Though I do have a sweet picture of the 'Merica mural.

We finally got through tech, 4 drivers through egress and hoping the 5th gets through in the morning, otherwise I'm driving with zero seat time. Tilt/Brake/Noise tomorrow morning along with trying to get to Skidpad and Acceleration for the first time in 3 years.

Anyone remember about when the static event scores start coming in? I know they usually post em on Friday, but I forget how late in the day they usually finish em. I'm just dying to start updating and playing with my spreadsheet!
    San Jose State University

FSAE Chassis and Ergonomics Lead '12-'13
    FSAE Chief Engineer '11-'12
    FSAE Chassis Technical Lead '10-'11
    Formula Hybrid Chassis Grunt '09-'10

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing le

Here is the list of Design Finalists by Car Number:

1 - Oregon State University
    3 - Universitat Stuttgart
    5 - University of Michigan Ann Arbor
    6 - Graz University of Technology
    10 - University of Wisconsin-Madison
    50 - University of Akron
    73 - Universite Laval
    79 - Auburn University
    118 - Tallinn University of Technology

Congratulations to all the finalists!

Originally posted by RobbyObby:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TMichaels:
    Are you talking about audio or video streaming? Because I only remember audio streaming from last year.
    Yes Tobias audio streaming. I know FSG does video streaming, or has done it in the past, but its alot to ask for the organizers to do it here. I believe it was SCCA that provided the audio stream before, if I'm not mistaken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am pretty sure we will be doing the same audio stream as last year; i will double check with SCCA tomorrow and post online for all.

Originally posted by SAE_intl_girl:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RobbyObby:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TMichaels:
    Are you talking about audio or video streaming? Because I only remember audio streaming from last year.
    Yes Tobias audio streaming. I know FSG does video streaming, or has done it in the past, but its alot to ask for the organizers to do it here. I believe it was SCCA that provided the audio stream before, if I'm not mistaken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am pretty sure we will be doing the same audio stream as last year; i will double check with SCCA tomorrow and post online for all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome thanks for the update!

And congrats to all the design finalists! I'm surprised to see RIT missed out, but it looks like all those that made it certainly deserve it!
    San Jose State University

FSAE Chassis and Ergonomics Lead '12-'13
    FSAE Chief Engineer '11-'12
    FSAE Chassis Technical Lead '10-'11
    Formula Hybrid Chassis Grunt '09-'10

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing le

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast