+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FSAE dates

I am looking for the official dates for the 2007 FSAE and FSAE West competitions.
    There is a counter on the front pages, but not a date listed.

I am looking for the official dates for the 2007 FSAE and FSAE West competitions.
    There is a counter on the front pages, but not a date listed.

The dates are not defined yet, either the places. The sae student central site was recently updated,there's only competitions basic information, after east I heard that maybe the east competition is going back to silverdome, I hope not since my team had a great experience in our first year at MPG.
    Let`s wait for the June-July-Agoust collegiate desing newsletter and see...
    Mario R. Briceño R.
    La Universidad del Zulia
    www.fsae-luz.org

I heard a rumor that they were considering swapping the dates for the two competitions. West would be in May and Detroit would be in June.
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

Well that sucks.
    Our driver selection is coming up pretty soon (in two days), however, to keep my health insurance I need to be in school full time. If I ever stop, the insurance drops and I won't get it back. So I need to be enrolled in two summer semesters. But without a date, I can't give my team a definite answer.

I hope that swapping the date is only a rumor because Formula student was only 12 days after west. So if u are planning to attempt detroit and formula student in 2007, u will be short in time.
    Bruno Côté
    Member since 05
    The extra material is only for aero

And.... that would blow. I disapprove.

Why would that blow? The swap in the dates between east and west would be because of weather reasons.

I spoke to one of the organizers and she told me Michigan is usually sunny in June while we all know the great weather in May

Also I understand weather in California is pretty much the same in both dates (Sunny and hot as hell).

Would anyone from Michigan or Cali care to comment?

Don't like the rain? bring an umbrella. racing in the rain is real life. deal.
    Not only would switching the dates say that we are just a bunch of whiners, but it would mean that our team would be going to west due to summer inavailability of team members. it would cost more than twice as much as normal and be a huge inconvenience.
    the dates are fine, i say just leave them be.

John
    John Valerio
    Queen's FSAE
    http://engsoc.queensu.ca/formulacar/

If sunny in June you mean as unpredictable as ever, then ya you're right.

Delaying Michigan a month won't gurantee better weather. Michigan has had Tornado warnings that continue into July in the past. A June date only gurantees no snow....

maybe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast