+ Reply to Thread

Thread: blown clutch diode

I just blew the clutch diode on a 2001 f4i harness trying to bypass things. Actually connected the +12V to the green/red wire instead of the yellow/red wire of the starter relay connector. the diode is gone but i don't have a clue about the use of the diode here and the damage which might have been done to the ECM. I don't think the particular diode would be available here as we don't have these bikes here and the diode doesn't look like a standard one to me. anyway two diodes can be clutch together and if yes what diodes?
    Also there's nothing mentioned in the f4i about the red led indicator left to the neutral light. it doesn't have any labeling and lights up when the ignition is on. the engine doesn't start as i have yet to bypass the anti theft system.

I just blew the clutch diode on a 2001 f4i harness trying to bypass things. Actually connected the +12V to the green/red wire instead of the yellow/red wire of the starter relay connector. the diode is gone but i don't have a clue about the use of the diode here and the damage which might have been done to the ECM. I don't think the particular diode would be available here as we don't have these bikes here and the diode doesn't look like a standard one to me. anyway two diodes can be clutch together and if yes what diodes?
    Also there's nothing mentioned in the f4i about the red led indicator left to the neutral light. it doesn't have any labeling and lights up when the ignition is on. the engine doesn't start as i have yet to bypass the anti theft system.

I had some stuf burn out on my bike this year. check around online there are parts its just a matter of finding the right site. or maybe even ebay if need be.

+ Reply to Thread