+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RMIT front suspension design - wishbone angle - rollcentre location

Chris,

With regard to your comment:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if the location of the rollcentre very low was designed so that a lot of the roll stiffness is given by the springs and dampers rather than the suspension links. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest you consider Mr. Drum's response,

[quote] The ICs are actually well above the ground.[quote]

and what effects the converse of your statement would have.
    Buckingham

Jack,
    Sorry, I misintrepreted your statement, but for the record, I stand by mine, and...

Pat,
    You dont have to convince me, I have been convinced several times =]...That doesn't mean I have to ;like it =]

Pat
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

Pat, I like convincing you... and I'm convinced one day you'll like it.

It's not a question Pat Drum

My question to you is..

Do you find changing the car's ride height to be the quickist way to adjust the static camber?

well i believe they don't have any other means of adjustment on the car, aside from backing out the inboard rod ends or changing control arms
    "Gute Fahrer haben die Fliegenreste auf den Seitenscheiben."
    --Walter Röhrl

We had a couple of different clevis profiles made up that could be used to adjust static camber in the 2006 car. The clevis themselves were adjustable and can accommodate a limited range of swing arm lengths.

Ganesh
    Ganesh Mohan
    RMIT Racing Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Do you find changing the car's ride height to be the quickist way to adjust the static camber? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely a quick way to change camber!

Unfortunately, this dual adjustment results in a more complicated testing matrix and leads to a lot of hypothetical diagnosis...

...but the plus side is you can get more negative camber on turn-in by adding a little low speed rebound.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2