+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Formula SAE Australasia 2010 Competition: - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More

This is my fav pic thus far: http :// www. flickr. com/photos/akito07/5265774781/in/set-72157625610798068/
    Brent

3rd world solutions for real world problems.

UoA FSAE 2004-2008

Hey guys where are all these videos I hear about?

I hardly got to see a wheel turn at comp this year, and would love to see more of the cars in action.

Monash's car can sit down on it's locked axle pretty easy and from there it's a bit of a dog. Poke it with a sharp stick and it will liven up and dance for you. I found any steering input needs to be accompanied with a sharp change in power, either up or down, and then its fine. This is pretty much the same as a gokart.

I wish UWA could have had a car there, but its too hard to do it on the Tuesday unless we stay an extra day. Also wish we could have had a Kart race. A bit cut there were no hire karts available at a hire kart place, but I think they were working on them figuring it would be FSAE cars all day. Next year maybe we can let them know, and have a bit more of an organised Kart race.

Pete

Hey Pete, you u back in Perth?

I've sent Angus an email asking for Derek's email address and he has never responded.....

If you see Derek.. please get his email address for me, I've got Ian's photo from ages ago that I would like him to have.

Thanks to the Ashan and Monash team for giving me a go in their car.

Monash

As the others have already said, the first thing thing to hit you when you jump in Monash's car is the amount of grip, touch the steering and it dives in. It felt like it would be very hard to lose control.
    I also really like the pedal box design, a great example of what an adjustable pedal box should look like!
    One thing that I found surprising was how much steering effort was required - I imagine an endurance drive is a lot of work.

Overall an awesome car - you guys deserved the win, well done.

Melbourne

Just a word in defence of our car, although we did have problems with understeer, when I jumped in our car at the end of the driver swap, the understeer was far greater than it was at comp. There were a few setup changes in the morning which I suspect caused this. (And I still maintain that I haven't been spoilt by my laps in the Monash car!)

Thanks to all the drivers for their feedback.

Who was the team using the "Acoustafill" product in their muffler?
    We want to get some of it to try out and wondered if you had a contact you would like to share.

Pete

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pete Marsh:
    Who was the team using the "Acoustafill" product in their muffler?
    We want to get some of it to try out and wondered if you had a contact you would like to share. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pete, That would be us - we have heaps. Send me an email at pete.ringwood at utsmotorsports.com

--

2011 Project Manager
    2010 Chief of Dynamics & Electronics
    UTS Motorsports
    Sydney, Australia

I've found some pictures from last year's competition and uploaded them to our facebook page if anyone wants to have a look. I'll put some more into the album soon.

http://www.facebook.com/media/...3637.155875141099200
    University of Auckland, NZ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5