+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Backup up Fridges!!

Here at RMIT we have a closed fridge policy. We have multiple backup plans for all our refrigeration purposes. I was told that our team fridge was less reliable now that the seals had started wearing and the contents of the fridge were not cold.

Here is our backup fridge which we were meant to have no problems with because it was a standard unit.

Now with the door left open, this fridge is now useless.

Here are the backup backup options

Option 1:

Option 2:

Patrick Drum
    RMIT Racing '04

"The more I drink, the less I know...."

What does this prove Drum? I'm disappointed to see this sort of shit aired in public. At least we'd managed to keep the in-fighting and bitching to the overworked carrier pigeons here at RMIT. The glory is in the cold beer not the warm salami.

Grant McPherson
    RMIT Racing '04

Relax buddy.
    I think it was an attempt to have some fun and take the piss out of a very funny situation.

Mark Hester
    RMIT Racing'04

Get a haircut hippie.

Grant, relax buddy. Just trying to give the guys including myself who are working flat out on consuming the food in the fridge a laugh. No malice intended, we left all that behind 3 weeks ago when the milk went off and we decided to replace it.

Drum-3 weeks ago you decided to restock the fridge? What have you been doing for the last 11 months?

PS Grant – have a shave

Why? Your sister never complains......
    Sorry everyone. I'll make sure which food expiry dates are funny and which aren't.

Perhaps Grant was just disappointed there was no pics of the main fridge, just the backup.

I think the important thing here is that Drummy can leave any fridge door open, beer or no beer....

Shazman, whoever you are – at least the main fridge kept the beer cold in 2003. Your backup fridge only ran for 2 minutes before the compressor came off. Just remember, when setting the fridge thermostat we use Celsius in Australia, not Farenheit.

You might want to check your front number plates, your plates are up for ransom.

If any other teams need a hand drinking cold beer after the comp, let us know. Looking forward to a beer with you all (including Melb uni!!)

Well it's happened, the Aussies have gone nuts. Seriously, it's threads like these that make the rest of the world refer to Australia as "Upside down Canada".

But seriously though... not only a fridge in the shop... but MULTIPLE fridges... damn, you guys are well off. And that stainless thing attached to the wall with a tap on it... the possibilities. Up here we have only one fridge that mech undergrads use... and it used to belong to the anatomy department to store... stuff.

Cheers,

Matt Gignac
    McGill Racing Team
    "Our drinking team has an engineering problem"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast