+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE West 2012 Competition

Anyone here yet?
    I'm flying in tomorrow morning. Looking forward to some concrete, warm weather, and a real practice track.

Glad to see UTA back with a combustion car! As long as the plug-and-play relationship between the YFZ450X/R engine and the PE-3 continues, that engine could soon become the new CBR600 of FSAE.

Let's get those thursday tweets rolling!
    -----------------------------------
    Matt Birt
    Engine Calibration and Performance Engineer, Enovation Controls
    Former Powertrain Lead, Kettering University CSC/FSAE team
    1st place Fuel Efficiency 2013 FSAE, FSAE West, Formula North
    1st place overall 2014 Clean Snowmobile Challenge

UPDATES?!

I'm curious if more seasoned participants can enlighten me on when/where results are posted during the competition. We're a first year team and are anxious to see how we did in the Static events today.

Thanks in advance for any advice/recommendations.

Michael Jolley - Business Lead
    Husker Motorsports

Any word on design finalists?

Originally posted by The Neck:
    Any word on design finalists?
    Texas A&M, UTA, U Washington, Kansas, McGill, Missouri S&T, Michigan State, and one other I did not quite catch among the screams of excitement in our pits.

That may be wrong, but that's my best guess of what they said. Apologies to those that I missed.

RIT had a front control arm/monocoque failure, so I've not seen much of them.

There may be weather on Saturday, we'll see. The courses are slightly adjusted from the PDF, so that's awesome for the teams that optimized around the course map.

We have a few pics up of some cars, Ill have more later but I believe the guys want to edit them. Course for auto-x tomorrow looks promising!

http://www.facebook.com/media/....184988848847&type=1

Texas A&M, UTA, U Washington, Kansas, McGill, Missouri S&T, Michigan State, and ...
    Centro Universitario da FEI and it close the eight design finals teams at Lincoln Fsae Event
    FFRT - chassi
    10'
    09'
    08'
    07'

USF has a bunch of pictures up on their facebook including results.

www.facebook.com/TeamUSFRacing
    Kyle Jeffries

Missouri S&T DOMINATED autocross by a second over the next car. RIT got their car fixed and ran just in time, getting 3rd in autocross. A&M got 5th, the fastest non-wing car, but trailing around 3 seconds behind S&T.

Kansas and S&T look close so far for the lead. We'll see how design finals and endurance/fuel are scored to settle it out.

Also, it is currently raining like crazy for the start of endurance. We'll see how long it lasts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast