+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feed Back 2010 FSAE Melbourne End of Competition Party

The bouncers and the owner of the bar we went to were unreasonable guys to deal with. Think a new location for next year would be mean. im sure there be quite a few people who would agree with this.

Mabey a place that can deal with that many people?

Suggestions? Apparently RMIT organized it.... not to sure though?

The bouncers and the owner of the bar we went to were unreasonable guys to deal with. Think a new location for next year would be mean. im sure there be quite a few people who would agree with this.

Mabey a place that can deal with that many people?

Suggestions? Apparently RMIT organized it.... not to sure though?

We (Team ECU) rocked up pretty late after our head of school shouted us a nice dinner, so the place was pretty rowdy by the time we got there at 11pm.

I ended up spending most of my time in the smoking room, which surprisingly was less stuffy and much quieter than the rest of the pub.

Shitty dance music played at 200dB isn't (and never was) my cup of tea.

I dont think there's any venue that can handle a few hundred drunk uni students, so good luck with finding anothe venue.
    ------------------------------------
    Team ECU Racing

'10 Presentation
    '11 Presentation, Artistic Director, Race Tape Engineer

We didn't have any problems with the bouncers/staff, apart from them cutting everyone off from the bar way too early. Even our advisor, who wasn't drinking, couldn't get us drinks.

There loss though as i had just gotten $200 out of the atm and was prepared to go home with none of it.
    Cheers

Swinburne University of Technology

Surely in Melbourne, a venue could be sorted to cope with the number of people. The promblem was there would be sober people wanting to go outside for some fresh air and the owner denied them entry for no reason.

I saw one ask to guy if it was alright to leave for 2 mins and come back in. The guy was like "yea thats all good", easily 2 minutes later the guy comes back and is told to bugger off.

I unfortunately didn't attend this years comp to much sadness . Was the after party at the Colonial again?

My first year in 06, the after party was at the Back Lot which is located inside the Rydges in Melbourne's CBD. It was the best after party I went to, a great venue, maybe it could be looked into again? Though cost may be a small factor... I'm not too sure if the venue still exists however?
    QUT Motorsport Alumni
    2006 - 2010

We had trouble also, jonnyluu didnt even get let in when there were plenty of people way more intoxicated than him, a few left and didnt get back in at around 12ish the bouncers blamed lockout, not to sure about that.

im sure some of the melbourne guys know of somewhere good.
    ex-UWA Motorsport

General team member 2013-15, Vehicle Dynamics Team Lead 2012
    Project Manager 2011, Powertrain minion 2009/10

The trick is to get there early, get way pissed, then go down the road to a more, ahh, accommodating place...
    Jay

UoW FSAE '07-'09

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jay Lawrence:
    The trick is to get there early, get way pissed, then go down the road to a more, ahh, accommodating place... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By 'down the road' you mean head to King St?

that's the one
    Jay

UoW FSAE '07-'09

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast