+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FSAE-A 2012 Car Swap

Agreed, Haunted Hills is an amazing circuit. Perhaps if we can work it so cars do continuous laps without slowing down - with some dedicated marshaling/flagging this should be possible. Much better for lap time comparison & data aq.

In regards to the possible after events, Monash would be happy to run an Aerodynamics seminar (I'd be happy to do this, as I think Scott would be) - covering anything relevant to an FSAE team (feel free to suggest any detailed topics you'd like covered). Maybe even more general stuff for other SAE-A members like Sedan aero and cooling?

Excited for this years event!
    Monash Motorsport
    Aerodynamics/Vehicle Dynamics/Management
    07-?

I'm assuming anyone going to the Haunted Hills day would not be going to Claude's seminar?
    Monday is too close to the event - unless it was something simple like a group visit to a V8 team.
    Would people be interested, for example, in a Wednesday motorsport conference, if we can get the speakers? Maybe some FSAE event review, (e.g. Static Event feedback, review of teams' strategies & race-day processes), an aero pres from Scott or Luke, and then other speakers such as maybe a V8Supercar engineer, or a race-bike engineer, or engine development engineers, or even manufacturing engineers (e.g. a metallic rapid prototyping expert). If you tell us what you are interested in, and how long you wish to stay around Melbourne, we can see what we can organize.
    No promises yet, other than we will take your suggestions seriously.
    Geoff Pearson

RMIT FSAE 02-04
    Monash FSAE 05
    RMIT FSAE 06-07

Design it. Build it. Break it.

A day's software training in, for example, ADAMS?
    Geoff Pearson

RMIT FSAE 02-04
    Monash FSAE 05
    RMIT FSAE 06-07

Design it. Build it. Break it.

I'd love to get a bike engineer speaking, partly because that's where I'd like to end up and also just because from a vehicle dynamics perspective it's a really interesting change from 4 wheels.

I'll definitely be there again and the UTS guys will be too. Post event karting & seminars sound like a great idea.

I like the idea of specific track areas for each team to marshal. Breaking up the track will help keep things running effectively.

I loved the circuit last year, but a tighter more Fsae-A'esk track (much tighter & slower speeds) would be more beneficial for design comparison as well as being safer. If we have more teams and more people, marshaling the cones on a tighter set up should be fine.

I'd suggest a change of marshals be mandatory, say every hour or so. Close the track, drive around a bus (UTS will have one to use) and change over the marshals. It will give everyone a break and help ensure everyone is doing the job.

Also, marshals should have a radio for communication considering the nature of the circuit. Most teams should have simple UHF CB radios to use anyway.

I'm happy to sit down and knock out some track maps with a cone layout if it will help with marshalling and cone placement. The guys at UTS have been doing it for a while now for tests, so its not a big deal, and I can say from experience that it is very helpful.

Cant wait for this years event.

Also, check this out:
    http://fsae.com/eve/forums?a=t...20216151#37920216151
    Jon O'Neill

Advisor-UTS Motorsports, Sydney, Australia
    www.utsmotorsports.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2