+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Congrats!

In the February edition of Road & Track some FSAE teams were featured.
    I'd like to extend my congrats to the following teams for not only being in the top five of each comp, but for letting the nation know what we do, and that we do it really fast.
    Cornell
    Lawrence
    RMIT
    South Poly
    Madison
    A&M
    Michigan State
    Wollongong
    and Toledo.

You should go pick up a copy. Lots of cool cars in there too. C16, new Viper, 'Vette SS, toyota supercar. It's worth the money.

One thing that amazed me, though. Wollongong, 0-40 in 1.6secs?! That's like from now...to now. Crazy! A&M, you guys pulled some crazy g's.

Congrats again.
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

In the February edition of Road & Track some FSAE teams were featured.
    I'd like to extend my congrats to the following teams for not only being in the top five of each comp, but for letting the nation know what we do, and that we do it really fast.
    Cornell
    Lawrence
    RMIT
    South Poly
    Madison
    A&M
    Michigan State
    Wollongong
    and Toledo.

You should go pick up a copy. Lots of cool cars in there too. C16, new Viper, 'Vette SS, toyota supercar. It's worth the money.

One thing that amazed me, though. Wollongong, 0-40 in 1.6secs?! That's like from now...to now. Crazy! A&M, you guys pulled some crazy g's.

Congrats again.
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

Did our car make the nose bleed section?
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

Might I point out MSU's 43mph slalom, a good 3.3mph faster than the next best of Cornell. Wow.
    It really does look like Cornell and Wollongong are in a different league of engine development.
    And finally, Cornell pulling a lap 2.6s quicker than anybody else. Over a 30s lap. Ridiculous.

True, but you also have to account for driver error. It's not like the Stig was driving every car.
    CFS13 - Drivetrain

Very interesting to see the 0-60 times much faster at Detroit but the Skid pad scores higher at Fontana.
    John "Jack" Vinella
    University of Washington Alumni 06' 07' 08' 09'

It is definitely cool to finally see that article. I was wondering if they forgot about it. Speaking not only for myself but probably the majority of the FSAE community: I am very grateful for any form of media coverage, like an article in the local newspaper, but especially something as visible as Road & Track. This kind of exposure shows everyone the dedication and hard work of so many students and our potential as future/current engineers.

However, the nature of the Road & Track test introduces many errors that make it hard to even compare the performances of the cars. I hope that in the future they decide to more accurately measure this.

But the main point is that the R&T article showcases the top five dynamic performing cars/drivers from the East and West competitions so congrats to all the other teams that made it! It was really a good relaxing time to talk and check out eachothers cars. Oh, and special thanks to Toledo for letting us use their big flag!
    Jared Anderson
    University of Kansas
    Jayhawk Motorsports FSAE

It's pretty cool that R&T does that for us. We were kind of disappointed with our endurance run and being invited to be in the R&T event was a big help with picking our spirits back up. Big congrats to Cornell and Wisconsin-Madison, they had to rebuild or replace their engines to compete in this event after the enduro. Good work guys, it was fun racing with you.
    Git up on that wheel!!!

+ Reply to Thread