+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garrett GT 12-41 Turbo

University of Cincinnati has for sale a Garett GT 12-41 Turbo. It's a ball bearing unit, and has a 0.33 compressor A/R, and a 0.43 turbine A/R. It is brand new (with box), the zip tie on the waste gate hasn't even been cut. Purchased for what was going to be a "power" car a few years ago, but the project was never developed.

$450 or best offer to a good home.

Pictures coming soon...

PM me for more information or to make an offer!

Thanks.

John Custer

Team Leader
    Bearcat Motorsports
    University of Cincinnati

The GT 12-41 has a journal bearing, not ball bearing.

Also, Garrett offers this turbo to all FSAE teams free of charge through their sponsorship program. That is probably where your team got that turbo. You are a scumbag for trying to sell it here.

I can imagine that some teams may want a spare, so I understand why you are selling it.
    Regards
    Jon

Originally posted by Jon Burford:
    I can imagine that some teams may want a spare, so I understand why you are selling it.
    That's true, I didn't think about that. Most teams running the GT 12-41 will require a spare since the turbo is too small for a restricted 600cc engine. Over-spinning is a real problem due to the pressure drop through the 20mm restrictor creating abnormally high pressure ratios across the compressor wheel.

Our's doesn't break...
    Regards
    Jon

Originally posted by RaceCatt69:
    Also, Garrett offers this turbo to all FSAE teams free of charge through their sponsorship program. That is probably where your team got that turbo. You are a scumbag for trying to sell it here.
    Sounds about right. It's been sitting in our shop for a couple years since before my time, I wasn't aware of their program (could've been discontinued because of the economy anyway).

With Jon Burford's idea in mind that a team may want a spare, we'd much prefer that someone with a potential use for it has it, rather than it sitting around our shop collecting dust. Perhaps $100+ shipping to your locality as a spare would be less of a scumbag move.

Message me for pictures.

Originally posted by custerjw:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RaceCatt69:
    Sounds about right. It's been sitting in our shop for a couple years since before my time, I wasn't aware of their program (could've been discontinued because of the economy anyway).

With Jon Burford's idea in mind that a team may want a spare, we'd much prefer that someone with a potential use for it has it, rather than it sitting around our shop collecting dust. Perhaps $100+ shipping to your locality as a spare would be less of a scumbag move.

Message me for pictures. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SOLD please check your PM's

HI, could anyone please help me with a contact from garrett? We really want to get a gt 12-41 but the local dealer told us that we need to wait for 20 weeks.Thanks

Hi,
    Yes I can,
    it is tricky to find on the net
    http://turbo.honeywell.com/why...ula-sae-sponsorship/

contact is Nathan Theiss, Great guy!
    Regards
    Jon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast