+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Solidworks Renderings

Originally posted by Capt.potato:
    All I want to know is how they got the Hoosier decals on the tires. I can't seem to get the texture to work with mine.
    I'll give you a hint. None of those logos are "decals". When I was doing these they never gave me the look I wanted so I went in different direction.

Originally posted by t21jj:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt.potato:
    All I want to know is how they got the Hoosier decals on the tires. I can't seem to get the texture to work with mine.
    I'll give you a hint. None of those logos are "decals". When I was doing these they never gave me the look I wanted so I went in different direction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, those were all drawn in 2008 or 2009, before Solidworks added "decals." Those were all done manually. Although I must give Tyler credit, obviously Solidworks thought it was a good enough idea that they decided to add the decals function for 2011!
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

Originally posted by Adambomb:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t21jj:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt.potato:
    I'll give you a hint. None of those logos are "decals". When I was doing these they never gave me the look I wanted so I went in different direction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, those were all drawn in 2008 or 2009, before Solidworks added "decals." Those were all done manually. Although I must give Tyler credit, obviously Solidworks thought it was a good enough idea that they decided to add the decals function for 2011! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually they did just not very well and didn't work at all in the early versions of Photoview 360.

I did the Formula car renderings in late 2009 and the Camaro model and renderings this past spring.

Few more of the Camaro

Any one played around with Keyshot? Far more easier than Photoview 360.

Not FSAE at all, just took a few mins.

Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

Originally posted by R Dolph:
    hahaha awesome rendering. Did you just use the photo as the background image when you rendered it?
    Yes, just had to find a picture of Hockenheim on Google.

I also gave up on doing the livery in Solidworks, as it was such a PITA. For the livery renders I just used Photoshop.

Not Solidworks, but a couple of nice (animated) renderings of our car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_o6tUqBeU
    Jan Dressler
    07 - 09 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team
    09 - 10 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team Leader
    10 - 13 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: hanging around & annoying the team with random FSAE wisdom
    13 - ?? Gätmo Motorsport

Originally posted by Jan_Dressler:

One can criticize the video but damn that was a great effort. Some shots especially at the start was extremely well animated and lightened.
    Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

Originally posted by Jan_Dressler:

Very nice, I'm working on a video myself, trying hard not to make it look like it was put together by an engineer. Yours is very nice, very artistic. Has a lot of stuff I couldn't do.
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

Here's a rendering of our 2012 car. There's a few more on our facebook page, facebook.com/schulichracing

Matt Schroeder
    University of Calgary FSAE, Schulich Racing

"Racing is life. Everything else is just waiting"

your car is flying and very close to a white building!
    FSAE Body Team
    Old Dominion University
    Rcarn004@odu.edu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast