+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Stroke Intake, Exhaust design

I'm not that familiar with this stuff, and can't find any books on it at the moment. Any simple equations like the ones for 4 stroke? Probably won't touch the exhaust since they need that crazy expansion chamber thing. Looking for intake design mainly. I'm trying to help our snowmobile guys.
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

I'm not that familiar with this stuff, and can't find any books on it at the moment. Any simple equations like the ones for 4 stroke? Probably won't touch the exhaust since they need that crazy expansion chamber thing. Looking for intake design mainly. I'm trying to help our snowmobile guys.
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Probably won't touch the exhaust since they need that crazy expansion chamber thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Wow! Why not? Thats where all the 2 stroke power is hidden.
    And yes, the 'Two Stroke Bible' The Design and Simulation of the 2 stroke engine, is a good source of info as is available. Dr Gordon Blair at QUB is the guru
    Cheers
    Pat
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

it is quite simple to design a good Two Stroke Expansion Chamber or tuned pipe as it is also called.

I building some for my friends with great success and lots of increase in horsepower on there 2 strokes, using 2 Stroke Wizard Tuned Pipe expansion chamber design software. 2 Stroke Wizard Tuned Pipe it is the easiest to use of all the software packages I have seen, and is successfully used by racing guys.

see it at http://www.buildandclick.com/index.html
    2 Stroke Wizard Tuned Pipe

A good book for the basics on ring dings is Two Stroke Performance Tuning by A Graham BELL ( and yeah that is his real name too !)

Currently from Amazon at a little over $25.00.
    ISBN-10: 1859606199
    ISBN-13: 978-1859606193.

Cheers , Pete.

+ Reply to Thread