+ Reply to Thread

Thread: intake and exhaust material

how can i choose a suitable material for intake and exhaust manifold?????
    OR what are the categories for a suitable material ???????

This really does sound like a poorly thought of question which lacks research and knowledge. (kind of like your first post around here). first an introduction about from which team you are from and background for asking such a question would probably save you some face.

The answers following my post will probably be cheese and carrots.

There are plenty of things to keep in mind when designing any part and selecting its material.

what is it that you need from that part? weight? stiffness? stress? ease of manufacturing? cost? and there are plenty others factors which i am inclined not to mention unless you give this proper thought and research.

Just ask yourself why would you not make it out of cheese? and build up from there. write everything down.
    Cairo University Racing Team Technical Director 2011-2012
    Tyres and Vehicle dynamics
    Suspension team head 2010

Cheese and carrots are good. But we have had the most luck with potatoes, if you don't plan on having a reliable car they are excellent. When the car breaks down you can pull of the potato exhaust add some gravy and everyone feels better.

If you make it out tennis ball cans, you'd have a spud gun... Big fun!
    ~Grizzlies Racing

Kissing the trophy queen will get you far fewer youtube hits, then being upside down and on fire.... just say'n.

+ Reply to Thread