+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advantages Of Honda cbr 600 cc engine over other engines

i want to know the advantages of a hobda cbr 600cc engine over other engines corresponding to performance, fuel efficiency, maintenance, cost and and availability. please reply as soon as possible.

i want to know the advantages of a hobda cbr 600cc engine over other engines corresponding to performance, fuel efficiency, maintenance, cost and and availability. please reply as soon as possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i want to know the advantages of a hobda cbr 600cc engine over other engines corresponding to performance, fuel efficiency, maintenance, cost and and availability. please reply as soon as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you can't granny shift, nor double clutch like ya should. On the other hand, you can get overnight parts from Japan.

Hope this helps.

You just can't blow 'em up (unless you run them out of oil)
    Brian Lewis
    Performance Electronics, Ltd.
    www.pe-ltd.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Perf.Elec.Ltd
    Engine Management Systems

For performance and fuel efficiency, you can take a look at any of the FSAE competition results (available at students . sae . o r g) and then search the web to find out which engine the teams are using. You'll notice a distinct trend in the fuel efficency event rankings.

Cost and availability should be obvious with a quick search of Ebay and knowledge of your country's laws and parts dealers. Maintenance will take a bit more digging. Hop on youtube and check out maintenance videos people have uploaded for their motorcycles. They love to make them for things as simple as changing the oil.
    -----------------------------------
    Matt Birt
    Engine Calibration and Performance Engineer, Enovation Controls
    Former Powertrain Lead, Kettering University CSC/FSAE team
    1st place Fuel Efficiency 2013 FSAE, FSAE West, Formula North
    1st place overall 2014 Clean Snowmobile Challenge

I assume you are asking about the 1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane. If so then this is all you need to know:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "The ninja... His strength and swiftness have become legend.... But even the ninja knows all things must hide from the hurricane. Hurricane Honda... It will come in the spring of the new year." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Nathan

UNSW FSAE 07-09

Because it sounds fucking sick.
    ----
    Mike Cook
    It's an engineering competition, not an over-engineering competition!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Cook:
    Because it sounds fucking sick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats wrong with lawn mowers going around the track in FSAE? Oh wait, sorry, I mean single cylinders...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Cook:
    Because it sounds fucking sick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    yes
    Mountain Lion Motorsports

On a slightly more serious note, when we were shopping around for a "new" (as in different architecture) engine, one thing I was impressed with for Honda was they were about the only ones that would just sell you a new engine for a good price. Conversely Yamaha couldn't even sell us a WR 450 engine (supposedly they couldn't even keep up with production for new bikes). Thinking the ol' 600 F4i went for under $3,000 a few years ago, which is really cheap considering it's Honda factory fresh. Pretty sure their "FSAE Special" these days is a newer model than the F4i, FWIW (haven't looked in a couple years). Plus I remember Honda always gave a couple away at competition, they've always been FSAE-friendly. Don't remember how many Honda shirts, polos, keychains, and other doo-dads I've gotten from the Honda dinners.
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast