+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Locost....

This project will not move anywhere without getting the parts 1st. I've drawn several chassis concepts for front and rear engined layouts. Guess I'm gonna just use it for marketing and try to get some sponsors...
    Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

Thanks, good read.
    Joseph Little
    Chrysler Group LLC
    CAE/Vehicle Dynamics Tools Development
    Mississippi State Motorsports Alum 2008-2010
    Get Adams/Car, the FSAE Database, and Training Materials:
    www.mscsoftware.com/fsae

I'm thinking of some tuning though ...
    That would be polishing a turd...

About the laws to tell you the truth, kit cars must be subjected to extensive testing for it's road worthiness. I'd like to have a trailer but will need to develop another project to make power assisted trailer for my 998cc Daihatsu Sirion .

Thanks axleripper,
    A good site and some great reading too.

Peter.

Undulating Dromodary

If I were to build a car like this in Egypt, I would build a classic RWD clubman type car using a BMW 3 series or Mercedes C class as a donor.
    These cars are pretty common in Egypt and are regularly wrecked, so easy to find the bits in a junkyard!

Pat
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

Originally posted by PatClarke:
    Undulating Dromodary

If I were to build a car like this in Egypt, I would build a classic RWD clubman type car using a BMW 3 series or Mercedes C class as a donor.
    These cars are pretty common in Egypt and are regularly wrecked, so easy to find the bits in a junkyard!

Pat

http://www.gkdsportscars.com/overview.html

Never seen these, looks like you could build a tasty 'fakerham' with a vanos straight 6. would certainly be interesting and fun.
    Regards
    Jon

Any updates to this project?!
    Adam
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Kettering University, it's students and administrators, or our sponsors.

Nope. Our factory is still far from finished, plus some other personal and financial issues that keeps me from starting.

Btw, I'm glad that you reminded me.

Where I stopped on April this year. Will have a complete redesign and integrate roll hoops.

Some of the input I did in this regard.

When I was designing my Locost, I tried to taper the rear portion of the cockpit like you are doing. After doing the mock-up I abandoned the idea due to the available space and my desire to stick to the traditional look of the Seven.

If you were to use two trailing links per side, a reversed A-arm on the bottom, and a lateral link on the top, I think you can take advantage of the Seven's shape without having to adapt a bunch of tubes to fit an IRS.

If I ever completely redo the rear suspension, this is the route I'm going.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast