PDA

View Full Version : Cost Report Tubing prices

David Willard
03-25-2004, 01:10 PM
When doing the cost report, do you ALWAYS use the cost tables that are by the pound?
For example, a frame tube costs $4.00/ft, but is very light, and by the cost table which we "must" use, it costs like $0.05/ft.

So the question is, is all stock material used in manufacturing on the cost table, including frame tubes? What are other teams doing?

David Willard
03-25-2004, 01:10 PM
When doing the cost report, do you ALWAYS use the cost tables that are by the pound?
For example, a frame tube costs $4.00/ft, but is very light, and by the cost table which we "must" use, it costs like $0.05/ft.

So the question is, is all stock material used in manufacturing on the cost table, including frame tubes? What are other teams doing?

Brent Howard
03-25-2004, 01:15 PM
I use the cost minimum's table

Brent

Daves
04-15-2004, 01:01 AM
I know it is late for the cost report, but I have the same question. At first I thought tubing prices were definitely not from the cost tables due to the geometry (especially square tubing), but then I saw Chromoly 4130 in the tables. What else would anyone use Chromoly for on their car besides tubing?

Charlie
04-15-2004, 04:20 PM
We use 4130 for other parts. I don't think that is terribly unusal. At the least it is often used for frame and suspension parts that weld to the tubing, like spherical bearing housings and rod inserts.

Daves
04-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Charlie, how did Auburn cost their tubing? With the minimums table by weight or by how much it actually costs from a retail tubing company?