PDA

View Full Version : FSAE-A results

Greg H
11-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Anyone who gets the info from the competition please post here. I have no real way of contacting our team members and I think we'd all like to know how it's going down there. Good luck everyone.

Greg H
11-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Anyone who gets the info from the competition please post here. I have no real way of contacting our team members and I think we'd all like to know how it's going down there. Good luck everyone.

Joel Miller
12-03-2004, 03:39 AM
We're posting daily updates from the competition on our website. Of course, it does have a heavy slant toward what is happening in the UWAM team, but if that is your style, stay tuned.

Farls
12-03-2004, 03:54 AM
From what I've heard, I wasn't down there today:
Melbourne passed static events, but suffered a pull-rod failure during transport due to a manufacturing defect.
Monash suffered delam to their monocoque and have withdrawn.
Wollongong crashed into a plastic barrier on the test track with the extent of the damage unknown (by me at least).
I'll try and give a better update tomorrow as I will be there myself.

Uncle George
12-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Hi Joel, It's me Stevie (WEST SIDE!!!!!)

Sounds like you guys are doing quite well, and while other teams are not having much luck.. it's a pitty that Monash pulled out.. I NEED MORE PHOTOS!!!! The only phone on our website doesn't work.. FIX IT!

Dave Riley
12-03-2004, 04:50 AM
Steve-o, you are a very dodgy character...

My mail says Wollongong 'wrote off' their nosecone and pedal box. Sounds fixable to me with a late night, but that info was from a very second hand SMS.

A shame to hear some teams having trouble already. I hear UWA are happy with their statics so far, good work fellas.

Yes Uncle George, those lazy bloody teams, it's not as if they have a competition to run or anything. But surely someone could spare a 1st year or two to post some photos?

Go UWAM!

Cranky Dave
ex UWA Motorsport '02 - '03.5

Dave Riley
12-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Another UWAM centred update...

At the end of Autocross, UWA is placed first with Wollongong not far behind. UMC has apparently been getting solid results in every event and poses a strong threat as well. These are the results I know, apologies for the WA focus,

Design: Adelaide 1st, UWA 2nd
Skidpad: UWA 1st
Autocross: Wollongong, RMIT then UWA (or maybe RMIT then Wollongong, not sure)
Acceleration: UWA 3rd or 4th, don't know other placings (bet the gong were up there...)
Sales/Cost, don't know.

So it is going to be a close run thing, with only about 3 points in it according to our Faculty Advisor. Come down to reliability, driver skill and fuel in the enduro. As always I suppose...

Go you good thing!

Greg H
12-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Fuel..... see 2003 FSAE. Good luck guys.

MattG
12-05-2004, 03:22 AM
Word as just come in (via a reliable source) that the the boys from NZ have taken 6th place in their first year in the competition.

Cost report 7th
Business Presentation 6th
Acceleration 7th
Skidpad 8th
Design (Provisional) 11th
Autocross Dont know
Endurance 5th

Overal Result 6th!!!

It is safe to say thay the Kiwis should take the top rookie spot with a result like that.

Massive grins all round

Joel Miller
12-07-2004, 05:15 AM
Ah Stevie (WESSIDE!), how many aliases do you have? I cannot keep up with you.

Sorry to all, we had difficulties in keeping the website updated daily as promised.

I think everyone agrees that the FSAE-A was a great competition. UWAM did really well, leading into the final day. The close finish between the top three teams shows how close it is. I think any of these are world title contenders.

What I learnt from the competition.
- Rotor is a staggeringly good driver.
- Monash are the unluckiest team on earth (lose that number 66!).
- Wollongong can crash both cars and parties in spectacular fashion.
- Auckland has the best rookie car ever, and will be huge next year, I'm sure.

BTW, Uncle George? WTF??