PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Presentation/Surveys/Autocrosser Opinions

CMURacing - Prometheus
08-31-2004, 03:43 PM
How many teams out there have gone to local autocross events and actually circulated surveys and questionnaires about this market? I'm in charge of this (new to us) task this year, and I'm wondering how people have handled surveys like this in the past. I'm hoping to be able to do it all electronically, either in HTML or some database language. Ideas?

CMURacing - Prometheus
08-31-2004, 03:43 PM
How many teams out there have gone to local autocross events and actually circulated surveys and questionnaires about this market? I'm in charge of this (new to us) task this year, and I'm wondering how people have handled surveys like this in the past. I'm hoping to be able to do it all electronically, either in HTML or some database language. Ideas?

J. Schmidt
09-02-2004, 09:22 AM
I tried a survey at one autox/car show event. I'll warn you that your sample group will be biased depending on the population you sample. Case in point, I did a survey at Treffen 2004 (midwest VW gathering). Nearly everyone I talked to who was interested in a weekend autocross racecar was slightly to not interested at all in our formula car. For the $25,000 or less our formula car is supposed to retail for these guys would instead buy a mk1 or mk2 rabbit for a grand or less and put on a couple thousand worth of engine work, tires, or suspension modifications.

So, if you go to an enthusiast's autocross event just remember that the people there will be loyal to their particular niche. A mustang fan may have no interest at all in a Japaneese-powered car that will smoke his American muscle, IMHO. Keep this in mind when handing our your surveys.