PDA

View Full Version : We drove today!

Daves
03-30-2005, 01:37 AM
We actually drove our car for the first time today! No major problems, and we plan to drive it faster on Saturday.

Daves
03-30-2005, 01:37 AM
We actually drove our car for the first time today! No major problems, and we plan to drive it faster on Saturday.

DJHache
03-30-2005, 08:27 AM
Congratulations guys. We hope to get ours going this sunday.

Let's get a good Texas showing at competition

Dustin P
03-30-2005, 06:48 PM
We drove last week at the Salina Regional SCCA in KS. This is the earliest start for CU Boulder and our car ran fast out of the box- 2nd place. We were beat by a 2004 UK car that was fast and had stickier tires. No excuses though, we need some tuning and driver training, but we were happy to have a driving car before March 18th.

Daves
03-31-2005, 03:17 AM
A decent pic:
http://www.geocities.com/fif4183/images/driving.txt

Wilso
03-31-2005, 07:10 AM
Congrats, I hope Texas (in general) has a good showing this year. Just curious, what is your F/R weight dist? Also is that a fiberglass intake? Finally what's with the different wheels, looks like an import at a drag race...

DJHache
03-31-2005, 08:41 AM
Why does your driver have no face?

Daves
03-31-2005, 09:11 AM
Not sure about the front/rear weight distribution yet. We think it will be about 40/60.

Yes, that is a fiberglass intake, including the venturi. We made it all using wax molds and then bonding the runners to the plenum with epoxy.

Something went wrong at Kodiak with our wheels, so we are stuck using last year's for the moment. Our new design uses universal wheels, so those are last year's (2) rear dry tires and (2) rear rain tires.

Driver has no face because we're trying to save weight.

BStoney
04-06-2005, 06:26 AM
I hear that is a major issue with Kodiak's...
I think OSU had BIG problems getting their rims last year, too, if I remember correctly.

Anyways, congrats on getting the car up and running.

illused
07-04-2006, 07:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daves:
Driver has no face because we're trying to save weight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
there is in fact no driver, its just an empty suit.