PDA

View Full Version : FSAE Universidad Central de Venezuela

Erick Scarpone
04-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Our first car, first timers in Pontiac, hope to see you there and have lots of learning expiriences and good competition

Mark111
05-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Hello mate.. Nice car..
It looks that your front track its wider than the rear... a lot actually.. Why did u use that set up?

Didier Beaudoin
05-03-2005, 04:42 PM
This car looks very nice indeed! I like the colours and the body shape.

I have a concern though.. I'm not sure the radiator behind the driver's head is safe.. I'm almost certain the judges will make you put a firewall in front of that radiator and it will no longer be in the airstream. Anyone can confirm ?

drivetrainUW-Platt
05-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Didier Beaudoin:

I have a concern though.. I'm not sure the radiator behind the driver's head is safe.. I'm almost certain the judges will make you put a firewall in front of that radiator and it will no longer be in the airstream. Anyone can confirm ?

IF that is a radiator, that will definitely not fly, I know we had our radiator up above the intake on the '03 car and found there was a specific rule about not allowing that in the '04 rules, now I say if because I see a turbo, and if thats the case, it might be an intercooler, in which case if its an air to air shouldnt be a problem if its located there.... oh ya, crazy rear suspension!

Erick Scarpone
05-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Well we were a little crazy doin the car for our first time, we wanted to put lot of things in and fabricate a lot of things our self, becouse of that the diferent systems might not work that well, but they work, well the front part is a lot wider couse the calculation did by our suspension group, this way it does the curves a lot more close..... i dont know how to explain my self in english sorry... it does a really close radio almoust two much, and the thing behind the pilot it is and intercooler, jejeje not a radiator. by the way the turbo is working really cool, it nice when it does the wastegate sound, it turns the hair on the arm up, that a sayn here in venezuela dont now if it has any sense over there. thanks for everything dudes hope to see you there