PDA

View Full Version : UW Marketing Video

Hsoj
05-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Denny/Matt,

Josh from New Mexico. I was wondering when you boys are gonna have you 04 video on your website? We're gonna have ours within the next week. I've just got to make another rendering. The DAT file right now is 900MB, a little big for downloading.

Hey, Matt, what's your email address, bro? I want to stay in contact over the summer and stuff. Congrats on your top ten finish, guys. Hopefully, enduro won't take us out next year and we can finish in the top twenty. Our team still feels good since we made design semis, which has never been done before at our school. Finals next year, baby!

Denny Trimble
05-27-2004, 08:39 PM
What's up Josh! Congratulations, you guys did really well this year. It was good to meet you (in an intoxicated state http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Here's the video: Right-Click/ Saveas (http://students.washington.edu/dennyt/fsae/The%20F1%20of%20Autocross_K_MPG1.mpg)

I'd like to get my hands on the rest of the footage, we'll see if I can. The in-car stuff is pretty cool. It was such a beautiful day, too...

Feel free to email me any time, dennyt@u.washington.edu.

albrewe
05-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Denny,
Your marketing video is awesome! The in-car footage makes the video so much better.

Thanks again for all your help and insight over the last year. Last summer we came to comp very young and you & your guys really helped us out. The UW fsae team is one of the most friendly and professional teams that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Thanks!

Andy

Matt Ahl
05-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Sorry for the wait Josh, I just got home from the SVSU GP a few hours ago. My email addy is mwa@u.washington.edu.

Chase
06-03-2004, 02:21 PM
wow that was some good video work!

Colin
06-03-2004, 06:44 PM
denny,
that is by far the best SAE footage i've seen, how long did it take you to get the different shots and what sort of camera did you use?

Matt Ahl
06-03-2004, 08:14 PM
It took about 6 hours since the whole shoot was planned out and well organized. I don't have the camera specs offhand, but it was only one day old when we shot the video a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can get ahold of the camera spec.

Denny Trimble
06-03-2004, 10:00 PM
I believe the camera was a "Damn Expensive Model 9000". One of our friends borrowed a film crew from one of his projects and spent the day with us, plus three more nights editing. And the judges still thought the clip was too long! D'oh!

Hsoj
06-04-2004, 10:21 AM
I have to agree, the only thing we go knocked for was the length of the presentation. But if that's their only squawk, I'm ok with that.

Our video is about 3:30. Obviously too long. About a minute in length is right.

Denny/Matt, how come they got upset that your video being too long? Kinda seems silly, it's only a minute! Like anything, I think it's all about the judges you get. I mean, our judges loved our presentation, loved our video, didn't have any suggestions for improvement, so we get 11th. UW was first last year, has the same video, and gets 17th this year. What's going on? Just a gamble about who ends up liking you or not.

Hey, Matt, maybe if you cut your hair and were a little more presentable, you'd gotten first again! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Of course, maybe if I had taken all my piercings out and COMBED my hair, we would've too!

Sam Zimmerman
06-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Denny,

I have to agree, great video. We did above average last year in the presentation event but I missed the mark and did much more of a technical presentation instead of a business presentation. We finished 37th.

This year we got a business class involved for a semester and they did a market research study, demographic study, and other crap the business people do. Our presenter had no other major duties leading up to the competition and had been giving the presentation to various groups for 2 months. We finished 100th this year with the only feedback being that we needed more marketing in the presentation.

Now the business professor wants to know if her students can work on the car both semsters next year. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Denny Trimble
06-07-2004, 06:38 PM
It's really a crapshoot...