PDA

View Full Version : Need used differential/half shafts/rear driveterrain

gokart_guy
06-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Hi, I am a previous member of the FSAE team at OU, I have built a gokart with a Honda VFR 800 engine (this is not for the purpose of SAE competition). I am using a straight axle in the back right now, so this causes some problems during turning. Since my budget is not anywhere near that of most FSAE teams, I am looking for a used/functional differential for a reasonable price. It would be great if I could get the half shafts to go with it, too. My rear suspension is solid, so splines would do just fine for connection, I don't have an independent rear suspension, so no need for U-joints. If any of you out there has a differential and/or half shafts from previous years that they don't use any more, I'd be grateful if you could drop me a line and let me know. I've built this from scratch by myslef, and everything is working great except for the rear axle, so a differential would really improve it.

Thanks

gokart_guy
06-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Hi, I am a previous member of the FSAE team at OU, I have built a gokart with a Honda VFR 800 engine (this is not for the purpose of SAE competition). I am using a straight axle in the back right now, so this causes some problems during turning. Since my budget is not anywhere near that of most FSAE teams, I am looking for a used/functional differential for a reasonable price. It would be great if I could get the half shafts to go with it, too. My rear suspension is solid, so splines would do just fine for connection, I don't have an independent rear suspension, so no need for U-joints. If any of you out there has a differential and/or half shafts from previous years that they don't use any more, I'd be grateful if you could drop me a line and let me know. I've built this from scratch by myslef, and everything is working great except for the rear axle, so a differential would really improve it.

Thanks