PDA

View Full Version : Walbro Fuel Pump Kit

Dan Deussen @ Weber Motor
05-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce that Walbro Engine Management LLC is now offering an in-tank pump flange assembly kit geared towards Formula SAE.

The kit contains the following items:

1x In-Tank Pump Flange Assembly PFA-32A
1x Multipoint Pickup MP-12
1x Multipoint Pickup MP-13
2x Rubber Hose
1x T-fitting
1x Y-fitting
6x Crimping Hose Clamps
1x 1.5" x 5.75" Walbro High Performance Sticker
1x 3.5" x 7.5" Walbro High Performance Sticker

The PFA has a 330 kPa pressure regulator and is by default setup for a returnless fuel system. The pressure regulators can be changed for different fuel pressures or removed and modified to use the PFA for a return system.

The retail price for this kit is US$198 and it will be offered to Colleges and Universities for student projects with a 50% discount so the price is US$99 plus shipping and handling.

A sample kit will be available at the Saginaw Valley State University #52 trailer at the 2005 Formula SAE competition in Pontiac, MI. Stop by and ask for me and I will be more than happy to show you the kit and chat.

You can also reach me via e-mail ddeussen -at- walbro -dot- com

I will take a picture of the kit and post it here soon.

Good luck to all of you competitors at FSAE 2005!

05-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce that Walbro Engine Management LLC is now offering an in-tank pump flange assembly kit geared towards Formula SAE.

The kit contains the following items:

1x In-Tank Pump Flange Assembly PFA-32A
1x Multipoint Pickup MP-12
1x Multipoint Pickup MP-13
2x Rubber Hose
1x T-fitting
1x Y-fitting
6x Crimping Hose Clamps
1x 1.5" x 5.75" Walbro High Performance Sticker
1x 3.5" x 7.5" Walbro High Performance Sticker

The PFA has a 330 kPa pressure regulator and is by default setup for a returnless fuel system. The pressure regulators can be changed for different fuel pressures or removed and modified to use the PFA for a return system.

The retail price for this kit is US$198 and it will be offered to Colleges and Universities for student projects with a 50% discount so the price is US$99 plus shipping and handling.

A sample kit will be available at the Saginaw Valley State University #52 trailer at the 2005 Formula SAE competition in Pontiac, MI. Stop by and ask for me and I will be more than happy to show you the kit and chat.

You can also reach me via e-mail ddeussen -at- walbro -dot- com

I will take a picture of the kit and post it here soon.

Good luck to all of you competitors at FSAE 2005!

05-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Here is the promised picture:

http://cs.svsu.edu/~dsdeusse/PFAKit.JPG

jonnycowboy
05-13-2005, 04:45 PM
does it come with the pump?
thanks

05-14-2005, 05:32 AM
Yes, it does come with the GSC404 low current draw pump, which is part of the pump flange assembly (PFA).

Tony K
05-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Damn you... I was trying to get one of those for this year's car but no one at Walbro would ever call me or email me back so I ended up going with some stupid BBK pump for a Ford Mustang. So am I to assume that I can get one for next year if I deal directly with you?

05-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Tony,

You can get the kit for next year no problem. Come check it out at competition.

Cement Legs
05-23-2005, 06:50 AM
All of the email addresses listed here come back to me with fatal errors. How can I contact you?

05-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Try my personal account

dsdeusse -at- yahoo -dot- com

06-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone,

As of next week I will not be with Walbro anymore and therefore please direct all orders and questions regarding this kit to Luis Salas:

lsalas -at- walbro -dot- com

I wonder if I can change my username on this forum to "Dan Deussen @ Weber Motor AG (http://www.weber-motor.de)" ?

Denny Trimble
06-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Yup, use "Go", "My Space", "Profile", "Edit Profile", "Display Name". You should be able to change it. Your login name and display name can be different.

12-20-2006, 06:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I had a few people teling me that this kit would not be available anymore so I did some researching through my old friends at Walbro and this is what I got:

The kit consists of two parts now:
1) Fuel Pump PFA-32C $124.05
2) Hardware kit PFA-32-2 $26.30

It is sold through V.E. Petersen Co. at 1-800-537-6212 or at info@vepetersen.com

I know the price went up a bit from what I negotiated originally, but I think it is still a good deal.

ach1
01-08-2007, 11:41 AM
I called Petersen and they have no idea what that pump number is. They even called Walbro and they said it didn't sound like a good part number. Dan do you have any other reference numbers. The closest Petersen said they have is a FPA-3, but no PFA-32C.

James

Analogue
01-08-2007, 12:43 PM
We just ordered a PFA-32-2 kit and PFA-32A pump from V.E. Peterson. They seemed to think that is the updated version of the part.

Keith

ach1
01-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Do you know who you talked to a Petersen? I talked to a guy named Scott, and he had no idea what I was talking about.

What is the amperage draw of this system?

KENgine
04-08-2007, 09:40 PM
What are the dimensions of this pump compared to the stock CBR600 fuel pump?

Shubham
12-27-2009, 03:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dan Deussen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
is this pump still available,if so then can you forward the part number if they have changed.

TorqueWrench
12-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Last I heard, these pumps weren't being made anymore. Hopefully someone will tell me I am wrong because these were awesome little units and I wanted to get a replacement for our current one.

RollingCamel
01-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Why would you want these pumps instead of the motorcycle stock ones?

04-27-2010, 08:51 PM
is this fuel pump (http://www.familycar.com/autoparts/fuel_pump.html) still available? what are the advantages of having this walbro kit compared to to other brands?