PDA

View Full Version : Old Aussie FSAE chassis...

wooly
02-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Okay, might be a long shot here, but in reference to the high school FSAE project we are looking at maybe running a motorsport project at my high school in the near future. Any rolling chassis that any of the Aussie universities has that is not being used would be a great starting point for us. Not sure what they would be worth but we are a public school so if your old cars are worth lots of cash, they're probably not for us.

Depending on the cost maybe even really old (i.e. cheap!) US chassis may be an option, as we would then need to ship the thing over here.

As I said, a roller would be fine as we can source a motor, but would prefer something with a diff, and with uprights as these are really hard for a school like ours to design & build from scratch.

Cheers

Clay Woolcock
Greenwood SHS
Perth
Western Australia

wooly
02-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Okay, might be a long shot here, but in reference to the high school FSAE project we are looking at maybe running a motorsport project at my high school in the near future. Any rolling chassis that any of the Aussie universities has that is not being used would be a great starting point for us. Not sure what they would be worth but we are a public school so if your old cars are worth lots of cash, they're probably not for us.

Depending on the cost maybe even really old (i.e. cheap!) US chassis may be an option, as we would then need to ship the thing over here.

As I said, a roller would be fine as we can source a motor, but would prefer something with a diff, and with uprights as these are really hard for a school like ours to design & build from scratch.

Cheers

Clay Woolcock
Greenwood SHS
Perth
Western Australia

zsharp
02-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Check PM

jojan
02-29-2008, 04:14 AM
hi how do i mount the diff on the chassis...