PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Costs?

Travis Garrison
06-30-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm looking at the cost scores and wondering how much a few $$ saved would earn us next year in the cost report...anyone feel like sharing their vehicle cost so that we can figure out the $/points ratio?

garrisont -at- gmail.com

of course I'll share our cost in return..I may end up just posting it here later but I want to make sure I won't offend any of my teammates before I do something like that...

-Travis Garrison
U of Washington FSAE

Travis Garrison
06-30-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm looking at the cost scores and wondering how much a few $$ saved would earn us next year in the cost report...anyone feel like sharing their vehicle cost so that we can figure out the $/points ratio?

garrisont -at- gmail.com

of course I'll share our cost in return..I may end up just posting it here later but I want to make sure I won't offend any of my teammates before I do something like that...

-Travis Garrison
U of Washington FSAE

Greg H
07-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Travis,
There is a sheet they give back in the report that tells you how many points you earned out of 30 in the vehicle cost section. You should be able to take your adjusted vehicle cost and use the equation from the rules to find the lowest cost car. I'm just guessing it's going to be close to that this year.

Travis Garrison
07-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Last I heard we seem to have misplaced that sheet http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif which is why I was asking...if you've go the sheet in front of you I don't suppose you'd be willing to share what the low ball for 2005 was, would you?

CMURacing - Prometheus
07-01-2005, 01:47 PM
the alternative to calculating would be to get dan g's attention and just have him share um-d's cost...they won the event, and i'm pretty sure its because they were the lowest cost...

Dan G
07-01-2005, 07:33 PM
I didn't work on our report, but I'm pretty sure we were just about $10,000. I'll give you a secret to how we came in so low. Our report was short. Not too many parts on the car. Lots of production Honda ATV parts. No water cooling system. No electronics. Barebones frame.

This philosophy helped in the weight department too.

Travis Garrison
07-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks...thats close enough. I was gonna guess 8k for the low end (concordia was in that ball park for '04 weren't they)...

CMURacing - Prometheus
07-03-2005, 07:05 PM
the '04 low was $9400. our cost judge told us this when we asked why our cost score was so low :-D.

James Waltman
07-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Is this really that big of a secret? I'll go first:

30 x (25,000 – Pyour)
--------------------- = Your score out of 30 points
25,000 – Pmin

Pyour is the final adjusted price of your car
Pmin in the final adjusted price of the lowest priced car.

2004 Detroit: Pyour for WWU was $12,739.55 and we got 25.5 points out of 30
I calculate Pmin to be $10,575.94 (Concordia?)

Will anyone else confirm this? Will anyone else share for other years or other events? I think that the cost report score breakdown should show up on the official results.