PDA

View Full Version : RIDE FREQUENCY

dhruvgupta
03-05-2011, 04:19 AM
I wanted to know the factors we should consider while deciding the ride frequency of our car.I know racing cars generally have a ride frequency of around 3Hz but why is it so?

dhruvgupta
03-05-2011, 04:19 AM
I wanted to know the factors we should consider while deciding the ride frequency of our car.I know racing cars generally have a ride frequency of around 3Hz but why is it so?

Dash
03-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Take a stab at how heavy your car is, pick some springs that you think would be an intelligent choice, and you will see.

Nick Renold
08-18-2011, 12:12 PM
The reason "it is so" is because it gives the cars the best lap times... how you figure that out? Well you can start with reading books like Race Car Vehicle Dynamics, Think Fast, the Carroll Smith books, etc. Then you will probably want to look at factors that the ride frequency and damping will effect, like tire load variation, turn-in speed, transient times, etc.

DougMilliken
09-10-2011, 04:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... All things are depend upon the engine's property. To know more visit at cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=170109. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There are so many things wrong in the thread quoted above that I can't begin to count them. The first problem is at the very beginning, "The ride frequency of a car is the rate in Hertz..." -- rates are measured in units of force/deflection.

Contest anyone? See how many errors you can find while reading through that thread.

RyMan
09-11-2011, 08:14 AM
I found two so far.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Spring Rate: Given in lbs/in or kg/mm... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Motion Ratio: This is a number between 0 and 1... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't have to be in that range but considering his audience and when he posted this I may give him a pass here. I mean I have done things I am not necessarily proud of between 3 and 4 AM...

Adambomb
09-12-2011, 05:53 PM
I think we should put the Granite Countertops spam-bot and the Non-conforming Golf Club spam-bot in a cage and see which one dies first. Mostly just so one of them dies.