PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Motorsport - Track Support Engineers

ben
12-15-2011, 06:31 AM
Due to the expansion of sportscar racing in 2012, Dunlop Motorsport has a requirement for trackside service engineers to work with our partner teams at race and development testing events.

The positions will involve being the first point of contact with a team and performing the following tasks

<LI> Being responsible for the team’s tyre allocation
<LI> Taking tyre temperatures at all pit stops
<LI> Measuring tyres after sessions (wear rates, etc)
<LI> Recording data, entering it into a common database and generating reports
<LI> Liasing with the team race engineer and Dunlop development engineer to ensure that the setup and tyre selection are appropriate for the conditions
<LI> Data analysis (Motec i2, Pi Toolbox, etc) in conjunction with Dunlop’s Vehicle Dynamics Partner

The positions will be a fixed contract of 1000 hours, and will be track based apart from 2-days of training, which will be carried out at Dunlop Motorsport or other convenient location. It will also involve world-wide travel (often at short notice) and 24 hour races.

The candidate needs to have good communication skills, and be able to confidently take responsibility for a safety and performance critical component of a race car with minimal supervision.

Previous Motorsport experience is desirable, but detailed tyre knowledge is not essential, as training will be provided.

Interested parties should contact me directly for a full job description at: ben_michell – at – goodyear.com

We will consider candidates in the first week of the new year.

Regards,

Ben

ben
12-15-2011, 06:31 AM
Due to the expansion of sportscar racing in 2012, Dunlop Motorsport has a requirement for trackside service engineers to work with our partner teams at race and development testing events.

The positions will involve being the first point of contact with a team and performing the following tasks

<LI> Being responsible for the team’s tyre allocation
<LI> Taking tyre temperatures at all pit stops
<LI> Measuring tyres after sessions (wear rates, etc)
<LI> Recording data, entering it into a common database and generating reports
<LI> Liasing with the team race engineer and Dunlop development engineer to ensure that the setup and tyre selection are appropriate for the conditions
<LI> Data analysis (Motec i2, Pi Toolbox, etc) in conjunction with Dunlop’s Vehicle Dynamics Partner

The positions will be a fixed contract of 1000 hours, and will be track based apart from 2-days of training, which will be carried out at Dunlop Motorsport or other convenient location. It will also involve world-wide travel (often at short notice) and 24 hour races.

The candidate needs to have good communication skills, and be able to confidently take responsibility for a safety and performance critical component of a race car with minimal supervision.

Previous Motorsport experience is desirable, but detailed tyre knowledge is not essential, as training will be provided.

Interested parties should contact me directly for a full job description at: ben_michell – at – goodyear.com

We will consider candidates in the first week of the new year.

Regards,

Ben

Marc Wood
12-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Hi Ben,

Just writing to say I have sent you a personal email requesting the full job description to the email address you provided.

I would very much like to apply for this roll looking at this post, and hope I am not too late to apply.

Kind Regards, seasons greetings,

Marc Wood.

ben
01-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Thanks to everyone who sent in their details. We had a huge amount on interest, and can't consider any further applicants for this season.

Ben

PeteB
08-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Hi Ben

Do you have any plans for advertising vacancies for next season

Regards
Pete