PDA

View Full Version : SF Region teams

Kirk Feldkamp
03-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Are any of the SF area teams interested in meeting up sometime this month at a Solo 2 race? I think we're going to start next weekend at Marina. If you guys are interested, the schedule is here: http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/cgi-bin/schedaction.cgi?autox&where=all&SFR_only&Next_three_months

We're also down to head up toward Sacramento if that's better for teams like Davis or Sac State.

If anyone in the LA area is interested coming up we're more than happy to help you with places to sleep. I know this is a frantic time for completing building, but the offer is out there for everyone.

Let me know,
Kirk Feldkamp
kirkf@berkeley.edu

Kirk Feldkamp
03-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Are any of the SF area teams interested in meeting up sometime this month at a Solo 2 race? I think we're going to start next weekend at Marina. If you guys are interested, the schedule is here: http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/cgi-bin/schedaction.cgi?autox&where=all&SFR_only&Next_three_months

We're also down to head up toward Sacramento if that's better for teams like Davis or Sac State.

If anyone in the LA area is interested coming up we're more than happy to help you with places to sleep. I know this is a frantic time for completing building, but the offer is out there for everyone.

Let me know,
Kirk Feldkamp
kirkf@berkeley.edu

Micah Bayless
10-03-2004, 12:35 PM
I think we ought to have an event with FSAE cars at Thunderhill, Laguna Seca or Sears Point. I feel we need to draw the racing community into FSAE. I'm in San Diego, but being a Northern California native, I really miss the roadcourses and hillclimb events... especially Hillclimb events.

Anyone here besides me an avid hillclimber? Are you familiar with Virginia City, Cascade Lakes, Hoopa, Bucks Lake or the Pikes Peak hillclimbs?

Down here in San Diego there exists a wonderful 5 mile twisty section of road on Palomar Mountain. A few of us at UCSD are thinking it'd be great for our SAE group to host a hillclimb. Publicity, spreading the word, exposure (students to hillclimbing, hillclimbers to Formula SAE students) and especially a few runs up the hill would be a nice diversion from the norm.

This is just my musings on the subject... man, I miss hillclimbing.

Micah Bayless
Chairman
UC San Diego SAE
858 336-5188
micahbayless@ucsd.edu

js10coastr
10-03-2004, 03:29 PM
...given enough time, we would like to attend an event. Our largest problem right now are financial resources, as they have been cut by a large amount over the past two years. But I'm sure we could scrounge up some dough given enough warning.