PDA

View Full Version : First Year Cost Report

Cindy
03-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Our team hasn't had a successful team for a while, but this year we will make it to the competition at least. We are behind in general, so our final car that we will take to the competition will be quite different from what we have now. Because of that, most of our cost report values will have to be estimated. I don't know how we should handle this situation considering we need detailed documentation and copies of all receipts (some parts we haven't even bought yet and some we need to exchange for different parts). How do other first year or inexperienced teams handle this situation? I understand we get to provide an addendum at the competition, but we're only allowed 1 page and our changes will be a lot more than that.

Also, if we got our engine as one unit as a whole, how would we supply the prices of all the sub components of the engine if everything came as one unit? Do we just give the engine a retail price and leave the others blank?

For the operations cost table, what category does lathe work, braising, and filing fall under?

Thanks!

Cindy

Cindy
03-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Our team hasn't had a successful team for a while, but this year we will make it to the competition at least. We are behind in general, so our final car that we will take to the competition will be quite different from what we have now. Because of that, most of our cost report values will have to be estimated. I don't know how we should handle this situation considering we need detailed documentation and copies of all receipts (some parts we haven't even bought yet and some we need to exchange for different parts). How do other first year or inexperienced teams handle this situation? I understand we get to provide an addendum at the competition, but we're only allowed 1 page and our changes will be a lot more than that.

Also, if we got our engine as one unit as a whole, how would we supply the prices of all the sub components of the engine if everything came as one unit? Do we just give the engine a retail price and leave the others blank?

For the operations cost table, what category does lathe work, braising, and filing fall under?

Thanks!

Cindy