PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Competitions Document Submission

RobbyObby
10-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Does anyone if the documents for submission (mainly SES and Impact Attenuator reports) will be changed/modified from the 2012 versions, or is it safe to say they'll be the same? My main reason for asking is that I have a lot of questions regarding the legality of some aspects of our frame this year, and since lately it seems like Rules Committee questions are sent via carrier pigeon and it takes months to hear back, I was considering just filling out the SES and uploading it to see if I get a response quicker that way.

Also, those who have dealt with the Business Logic Case in the European competitions, is there a template form that is released for that? Or is it similar to the design report where they expect teams to format it to their liking?

Dash
10-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by RobbyObby:
Does anyone if the documents for submission (mainly SES and Impact Attenuator reports) will be changed/modified from the 2012 versions, or is it safe to say they'll be the same? My main reason for asking is that I have a lot of questions regarding the legality of some aspects of our frame this year, and since lately it seems like Rules Committee questions are sent via carrier pigeon and it takes months to hear back, I was considering just filling out the SES and uploading it to see if I get a response quicker that way.

Also, those who have dealt with the Business Logic Case in the European competitions, is there a template form that is released for that? Or is it similar to the design report where they expect teams to format it to their liking?

Bumping this one cause I am wondering the same thing. Does the Business Logic Case have a template of some sort? Still don't see any downloads on students.sae.org or fsaeonline

craigorydean
10-22-2012, 07:25 PM
http://www.formulastudent.com/teams/fs2013/Documents

here is the link that is on the formula student that I found. It doesn't really give any more info our team too is wondering about this new monster.

Michael Royce
10-23-2012, 12:14 PM
My information is that Andrew Deakin, the new Chairman of the Rules Committee, and Dan Jones, the Formula Student (UK) representative to the Committee, are working on both documents right now. The SES has been updated with the 2013 rules changes and is "in beta testing". The Business Case Logic will be a 1 page form to submit, similar to the one brought in for Formula Student in 2012, the one on the link Craig posted.

To those of you who are doing what we have wanted for many years, i.e. getting your SEF/SES in early, great! I suggest you use the 2012 form and that will cover 90% of the items. Then recheck when the 2013 form is posted, which should not be long.

mdavis
10-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Mr. Royce,

Could the same be said for the IA report as well?

Thanks,
-Matt