PDA

View Full Version : Presentation: Market for the cars?

SBehn
05-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi!

I have a simple question. We will compete these year again in UK at Formula Student and at Formula Student Germany - so no US competition. The rules say that the market for our cars is the "Sports Car Club of America (SCCA)". But since we are not in the USA the question is, if we should present our car fitted for the SCCA market or an equivalent market in Germany (mostly virtual) or in UK?

Would be really interesting to get some information.

Thanks in advance,
Steffen

SBehn
05-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi!

I have a simple question. We will compete these year again in UK at Formula Student and at Formula Student Germany - so no US competition. The rules say that the market for our cars is the "Sports Car Club of America (SCCA)". But since we are not in the USA the question is, if we should present our car fitted for the SCCA market or an equivalent market in Germany (mostly virtual) or in UK?

Would be really interesting to get some information.

Thanks in advance,
Steffen

Zanini
05-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Its okay to use the English or German equivalent (although a virtual one may not be the best idea, there must be some national sports car club in Germany). As a Canadian team we use CASC as our market. Additionally we quote in CDN dollars, use local building and property costs , and consider municipal by-laws. Judges want to see what you have considered. A lot of the presentation uses made up numbers, but realistic ones at that, so saying you considered local levels to govern your decisions shows you actually looked into things rather than citing random figures off the top of your head.

ben
05-30-2006, 12:40 PM
I got sixth in Formula Student presentation assuming SCCA Solo II as a market.

Given that, I suspect it doesn't matter provided you present a good enough case.

Lets face it, a market of however many hundred Solo II cars doesn't really exist anyway.

Ben