PDA

View Full Version : Pre FSAE-A Testing

Moke
09-01-2005, 11:00 PM
I've been checking out the FSAE Germany and am digging the pre-event. Would any of the local to Melbourne teams be able help out with planning something along the same lines.

We are arriving the Monday before the comp and would like to test during that week in order to check how the car will run in a warmer country and after shipping.

From memory there was test day planned but for some reason or other it didn't go ahead.

Moke
09-01-2005, 11:00 PM
I've been checking out the FSAE Germany and am digging the pre-event. Would any of the local to Melbourne teams be able help out with planning something along the same lines.

We are arriving the Monday before the comp and would like to test during that week in order to check how the car will run in a warmer country and after shipping.

From memory there was test day planned but for some reason or other it didn't go ahead.

Mad Ruska
09-02-2005, 12:39 AM
Hi Moke,

in 2002 we tested a few days @ calder Speedway. The Melbourne teams helped us out to made some contacts. The people @ calders gave us some garages and we had a lot of time to test there. It was very helpfull. Maybe that is an option.

Frank

Jarrod
09-03-2005, 06:29 AM
The calder park area we used to use is no longer available, there is rumored to be another area though(Colin?). We have a couple of places we are able to use at the moment, the site owners are pretty easy going about using them, not really big enough to fully test the car out. I'm sure we will be doing some sort of testing in that week, can probably help out to some degree. If anyone has a better test venue we would be in for a bit of pre-competition training!

Moke
09-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Thanks Jarrod

If we are able to jump onto some form of testing with you it would be a great.

Colin
09-03-2005, 07:48 PM
yea we can still use the inside of the thunder dome, it's not ideal though. The area is very long and narrow it's all we've got at the moment so we make do with it. if the NZ guys want to come out to that your more than welcome, one of the US teams came out with us last year and that was cool, but like i said the area is not ideal

Big Bird
09-14-2005, 03:41 AM
Greetings all,

FYI, Somerton Raceway (Hume Hwy, Campellfield) were happy to have FSAE cars on their track. (It's a kart track). RMIT tested there in 2000, and I believe Adelaide called them last year and they said it was still OK. You are sharing the track with karts, I believe they do a time-share arrangement whereby they take the karts off when the FSAE cars are on. Apparently around $30 a vehicle a day. I don't know if this is still on offer, but it might be worth giving them a call.

Cheers,

Moke
09-14-2005, 04:17 AM
Thanks for your offers guys but we have since been hooked up with using Calder Park as our base for the preceeding week.

Sounds like we might be seeing a few of the local teams there too.

Colin
09-20-2005, 01:03 AM
nice one, see ya there