PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel quick release information request

pedro_MC
09-15-2006, 11:54 AM
please i need information about how a steering wheel quick release is done. it´s urgent... If you have any information let me know. I´ve tried contacting the manufacturers but they are unable to tell me those things. so please help me! PD: i´m not making a quick release it´s just for cost event purpouses!

pedro_MC
09-15-2006, 11:54 AM
please i need information about how a steering wheel quick release is done. it´s urgent... If you have any information let me know. I´ve tried contacting the manufacturers but they are unable to tell me those things. so please help me! PD: i´m not making a quick release it´s just for cost event purpouses!

PatClarke
09-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Pedro, how come every one of the thousands of teams who have built FSAE and FS over the last decade or two has been able to source a quick release steering wheel without trouble?
These teams are in almost every country in the known world, and all of them don't have enough money but they either bought or made a quick release steering wheel system.
So, I wonder what you are doing wrong?
Stop looking for an easy way out.
Do the research and get on with the construction. That is all part of the challenge. You do know the word 'challenge'? A 'challenge' is something that, by definition, is not easy.

Oh, I typed "quick release steering wheel" into Google and got more than ONE AND A HALF MILLION responses!

If this response sounds like a rebuke, then guess what, Your comprehension is getting better.
Pat Clarke

CMURacing - Prometheus
09-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Pat --

It sounded to me like he was asking how they were manufactured, for the purposes of the cost event.

My answer: you've got one sitting in front of you, don't you? TEAR IT APART, and PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN! That's how I've done most of it.

koch
03-27-2009, 08:52 PM
pat--

try reading the post before you fly off the handle

dick.

Mikey Antonakakis
04-06-2009, 09:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by koch:
pat--

try reading the post before you fly off the handle

dick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have a feeling the bit about the cost report was added in after Pat's response...

A couple things.... you made a 3-year bump on this thread. Also, if you are anything like most guys (and girls) in FSAE, you can learn a LOT from Pat. His response was a little harsh, but given the way the question was (probably) originally stated, it was appropriate.

Claudia Del Vecchio
04-30-2009, 03:21 AM
Mr Riley,

I ahve a new question..I'm costing the steering wheel quick release, which is to be costed as made, but in the table I can't find the spheres which are in the part...How can I do?

Thank you very much

Claudia

MCEH
04-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Claudia : Cross section can be the cross sectional area of an arbitrary shape.(I-Beam, Sphere etc..)