PDA

View Full Version : Cost for Electronic components

avparamesh
06-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Hello,
I am from Orion Racing,India.We have designed and developed our own PCB's for DAQ system. My query is how do i account for the cost of microcontrollers,resistors,capacitors etc which haven't been included in the standard cost sheet.Also how do i interpret the soldering labour cost.Awaiting your reply.Thank you in advance.
Paramesh
Team Member
Orion Racing

jrickert
06-06-2009, 01:14 PM
I believe if it is stand alone ie can be removed and the car still runs then you don't have to cost it.

This is a loophole that is a huge cost disadvantage for ECUs with built in DAQ.

mrrc
12-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I costed our electrical system last year using all of the instructions given on the cost website with no problems. When you go through the cost event at the competition, you may be prompted to show at least that the wiring harness (all the wiring and proper terminations) has been costed.

Andreas R
05-14-2013, 09:47 AM
I have a question regarding the Cost of a CAN Bus with all the different Controll Moduls.
We have controll moduls for many different electronic compnents in the car. For example one for the pedal box, one for water pump, one for the fan ect...
In the tables there are only a few different controll moduls.
The "Chassis Control Module, Baseline Enclosure"and then you should add the different funcionality by adding another controll module. But there are only a few different ones for battery, shifter, dashboard,... Not the special ones we use...
Does this mean we only have to use the "Chassis Control Module, Baseline Enclosure" if the specific funtion we made it for does not appear in the tables?

I dont want you to show me your cost report^^but can you please help me with this? i am very confused...