PDA

View Full Version : Presentation event question...

Dave K
12-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I am not sure if this has been asked before...

I know that we are supposed to assume that we are producing 4 cars a day, but are we to assume that we sell 4 per day? What do you guys think about this?

Dave K
12-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I am not sure if this has been asked before...

I know that we are supposed to assume that we are producing 4 cars a day, but are we to assume that we sell 4 per day? What do you guys think about this?

Tommo
12-12-2007, 06:32 PM
It would be a bit of a stretch to assume you are gunna have all your cars pre-sold or to walk straight out the door.

It might happen, but what happens if you only sell 80% or 50%. Investors are gunna want to be able to cover their asses.

kuck
12-12-2007, 09:13 PM
What's the difference? If over the course of a year you sell off your inventory then you'll end up with an average of 4 sold per day. But not every day will have 4 sold.

Why does it matter anyways?

Dave K
12-13-2007, 09:19 AM
4/day makes a big profit difference than 2/day. Just kinda checking it out.

kuck
12-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Sorry, I'm still confused as to the purpose of your question... if only two were being sold per day then production be slowed down so that there is no dead inventory sitting around.

Charger
12-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I can assure you the figure you use for sales is not important, the amount of production you estimate per day or month should be based on market research as to the demand for the product. As long as you can convince a judge that you have thought about how many cars you would realistically sell then you are better off than simply saying 4 a day.