PDA

View Full Version : Frame wanted

Egan
04-24-2008, 07:35 AM
I have been wanting to build a FSAE car for a while but I don't have the means, or skills to build the frame. I didn't know If any one had a frame off an old car that they would sell.

Egan
04-24-2008, 07:35 AM
I have been wanting to build a FSAE car for a while but I don't have the means, or skills to build the frame. I didn't know If any one had a frame off an old car that they would sell.

D Collins Jr
04-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Try reading this post for sure
http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/648600998/m/23310376441

What do you mean by "don't have the means" to build a frame? Space? Money? because both of those are pretty important in building the rest of the car. And do you have a motor in mind? Are you planing to make your own suspension? It takes a dedicated team to turn out a car, and sometimes, those break, so, i really hope you've got enough dedication to this project for about 7 guys.

Egan
04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
no space and money are not an issue. I just don't have a way to shape the tubing and i only have little access to a welder. I have come up with a couple other solutions to buying a frame. But i didn't know if it was possible.

zsharp
04-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I have an old frame, diff, uprights, wheels/tires. Get some springs and dampers and it's a rolling chassis. there was another guy on the forum that has inquired into it and next time I go home I will get some pics and send them to both of you. Until then.

Diablo_niterider
04-25-2008, 05:34 AM
where do u want it
we r interested in selling a frame, uprights etcc

get back to us if u are interested