PDA

View Full Version : Non-engineering jobs in motorsports

Jerry Lee
01-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi.
I'm a finance student in my last semester. Through my upper division semesters I took on the responsibility of team manager/president of my university's formula SAE team. I learned so much about operations management, sales, marketing as well as racecar engineering through my experiences. I gained confidence that I can pull things out of thin air and put them together to achieve a big vision. Through my FSAE experience and speaking to professional teams at different races, I find myself looking for non-engineering jobs in the motorsports industry. Someone told me the two driving forces in racing are engineering and marketing. I understand that there isn't much of a career track I can follow to work in this field, but I am determined to try to break in. Can anyone give me advice or point me in the right direction?

Back in high school--when I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life--someone told me that I shouldn't worry too much as I may find my "calling" in college. I realize now that most people don't actually find it. But as I get closer to graduation, I realize that I have found it; working for a motorsports project, with the ultimate goal of competition..

Jerry Lee
01-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi.
I'm a finance student in my last semester. Through my upper division semesters I took on the responsibility of team manager/president of my university's formula SAE team. I learned so much about operations management, sales, marketing as well as racecar engineering through my experiences. I gained confidence that I can pull things out of thin air and put them together to achieve a big vision. Through my FSAE experience and speaking to professional teams at different races, I find myself looking for non-engineering jobs in the motorsports industry. Someone told me the two driving forces in racing are engineering and marketing. I understand that there isn't much of a career track I can follow to work in this field, but I am determined to try to break in. Can anyone give me advice or point me in the right direction?

Back in high school--when I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life--someone told me that I shouldn't worry too much as I may find my "calling" in college. I realize now that most people don't actually find it. But as I get closer to graduation, I realize that I have found it; working for a motorsports project, with the ultimate goal of competition..

Smeagle
01-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Check your PMs.