PDA

View Full Version : Deutsch connector question

Dave K
03-14-2008, 04:41 PM
probably kinda dumb question, but i couldn't find the answer to this one, and i am not a connector guy....

I have a 79-pin Deutsch AS6-20-35SN connector, and i can't figure out how to get it apart to change out wires. anyone know this?

Dave K
03-14-2008, 04:41 PM
probably kinda dumb question, but i couldn't find the answer to this one, and i am not a connector guy....

I have a 79-pin Deutsch AS6-20-35SN connector, and i can't figure out how to get it apart to change out wires. anyone know this?

Maverik
03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Is this the Motec ADL connector? If so... you need the extractor tool, not to sure if you can actually take the connector apart. Check out motec.com to get one for a buck or two.

Dave K
03-14-2008, 06:31 PM
yeah... thanks.

Kai69i
03-17-2008, 03:26 AM
Dave,
Check out the following link as this is the type of tool you are after. Another company also makes something similar, but it is green and white instead.

http://www.blackbox.com/Catalog/Detail.aspx?cid=151,1300,1302&mid=5367

I used this tool a few weeks ago on the 79 pin autosport (MIL spec) connector for the MoTeC ADL2 and it worked a treat. The connector itself doesn't actually come apart or have a direct pin release mechanism, such as the E888 or M400 connectors do.

This tool however is definitely a consumable item, so order a dozen is my suggestion. I managed about 15 pins per tool, before the tool was stuffed.

The tool drops in through the rubber back of the MIL spec connector, half a twist and pull the tool and wire out simultaneously (and you should also get the pin out too).

Good luck!

Kai

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
03-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Also, you can try the Deutsch distributor here in the States. Their website is www.laddinc.com (http://www.laddinc.com). If you tell them you are an FSAE team, they will usually give out free samples.

Dave K
03-17-2008, 12:48 PM
ok yeah, we have a bunch of the plastic ones, however they tend not to be too durable (i.e. they usually break after a single use).

thanks for the help.